Come Follow Me 2/10/2020 – Devotionals & FHE for Children
Daily devotionals, Family Home Evening (FHE), and Sunday ideas for kids and young children that go with Come, Follow Me for 2/10/2020.
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 2/10
- Show pictures of a garden and a desert.
- How hard would it be to turn a desert into a garden?
- How does the Lord turn deserts in our lives into gardens?
- Read verses 4–7 and discuss what you can do to receive the joy mentioned in verse 3.
Pour some salt and pepper onto the table and make sand art with your fingers.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 2/10
Work on memorizing this scripture during the week of Come Follow Me 2/10: 2 Nephi 10:23
Therefore, cheer up your hearts, and remember that ye are free to act for yourselves—to choose the way of everlasting death or the way of eternal life.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 2/10
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use! Don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional in Come Follow Me 2/10:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, and then have a discussion about it using the questions/comments provided
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, then the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together with the activity!
Modifications for older children in Come Follow Me 2/10:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come Follow Me 2/10
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families
- Instead of printing the journal entry and answering it with a drawing, create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
Sweet Is the Peace the Gospel Brings
- God will prevail and has promised that those who follow Him will receive peace and happiness.
- Often, we want to receive the blessing and get disheartened when we are doing the right thing, but bad things still happen to us.
- The Lord will always keep his promises even if they aren’t fulfilled right now.
God keeps His promises rainbow (download the free PDF)
What are some of God’s promises to me?
- Nephi compares death of the spirit and body to a monster.
- How does that help you understand it?
- How did Christ save us from both?
Coloring Page: “Jesus Christ made it possible for me to live with my Heavenly Father again.”
Draw a picture of the Resurrection
- Jesus came to save everyone that would follow Him.
- He had paid the price for everyone, but the choice to accept it still belongs to every individual.
- Do you want to choose to follow Christ?
- What do you have to do to make that choice every day?
“Repentance and the Atonement” booklet
What can I do to follow Christ this week?
- As you read these verses, make two lists in your journal. One of the warnings and one of the invitations.
- What differences do you see?
- What similarities?
- Which do you want to follow most?
“My Choices Have Consequences” scripture wheel
- This message is a happy one.
- We always have the choice to follow Jesus, even if we have made mistakes in the past.
- He is always there with His arms wide open when we need to repent.
- What about Christ’s Atonement makes you happy?
Peace in America activity
When I feel sad, what can I do to feel happy?
Sunday Ideas for Come Follow Me 2/10
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week in Come Follow Me 2/10?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 2/10 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you.
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 2/10:
- Watch these three Book of Mormon videos
- Read “Miles and Miles of Smiles” (September 2007 Liahona and Friend). Have each person in your family draw a smiling face on a piece of paper. Put the face near the mirror you look in most often. There are many ways to smile. Look in the mirror and try smiling with only your eyes, then try smiling with your lips closed. Smile with your teeth showing, and then with your mouth open. Keep the picture by the mirror all week as a reminder to smile.
- Ask the children to imagine that they heard a friend say that the commandments or teachings of the Church are foolish. What would they say to their friend?
- Help each child find a song about the Savior’s Atonement in either the hymnbook or the Children’s Songbook (the indexes in these books can help). Invite the children to find and share phrases from the song that describe what Jesus did for us.
- Sing the song “When We’re Helping” (Children’s Songbook, 198), and ask the children to listen for what makes us happy. Let the children take turns pretending to be a parent asking the other children to do something. Have the other children practice obeying joyfully.
- Make a paper chain and then taking turns putting it on and shaking it off. How are sins like chains? How does the Savior help us shake them off?
- Read “Rescue” (March 2005 Liahona and Friend) to find out how one boy learned more about the Atonement. Either make copies of the activity “Remembering Jesus Christ” (March 2005 Liahona and Friend) for each family member or cooperate as a family to complete one framed picture. For each section of the frame, name a way you can better remember the Savior.
Primary Assignment for Come Follow Me 2/10:
The Come, Follow Me 2/10 – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 2/10:
Help the children think of a way they can teach their families what they have learned about Jesus Christ and His Atonement. For example, they might use this week’s activity page to explain how the Savior helps us overcome sin and death.
Pin these devotionals for Come Follow Me 2/10 on Pinterest!