Links on this website may be affiliate links. We are an Amazon affiliate, which means we will receive a small compensation for each purchase you make through our links at no extra cost to you.
Family Home Evening
- The priesthood is Heavenly Father’s Power.
- He gives it to his children to do his work and miracles.
- Priesthood Keys
- He gives us keys so we can use his power. Like we have keys to our cars and house that other’s can use.
- The Prophet has all the keys and he gives some of them to other people so they can all do the work.
- Jesus gave the apostles the keys. Matthew 16:13–19
- Joseph Smith received them as well.
Get 5 or 6 keys and have each child pick one or more to find the lock that it matches.
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use! Don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, and then have a discussion about it using the questions/comments provided
- Take a few minutes to trace the journal entry question and draw a picture of the answer
- To get the full-size journal entry, just click on the picture and print
- Have fun together with the activity!
Modifications for older children:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families
- Instead of printing the journal entry and answering it with a drawing, create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
- Who is Jesus?
- What do other people think of Jesus?
- Is it different than what people thought of him along time ago?
- How did Peter know who Jesus was?
- How do you know that Jesus is the Savior?
- What ways could you learn more about Christ’s mission and who he was?
Solve the code to know what to do to build your testimony.
- What happened on the Mount of Transfiguration?
- Transfigured means that he was glorified.
- Who was with Jesus on the Mount of Transfiguration?
- The apostles also received the keys, or authority, to lead Christ’s church after he died.
- Watch this video. “Priesthood Keys: The Restoration of Priesthood Keys”
- Jesus Promised to give Peter the “keys to the kingdom of Heaven”
- We know that these are the authority to use the priesthood.
- Do you remember from Family Home Evening what the keys of the priesthood do? (They unlock blessings of Heavenly Father for everyone.)
- We have to have faith for miracles to happen.
- Sometimes we may not have a lot of faith (we may doubt the miracle can happen.)
- But even a little bit of faith can help our faith grow.
This weekend is General Conference weekend! Here are some of our favorite ways to get the children involved (some may be outdated):
- 32 General Conference ideas
- 12 General Conference activities
- Several simple General Conference ideas
- 8 General Conference activities from LDS bloggers
- General Conference Eye Spy
- 20 General Conference activities
- General Conference Trail Mix