Links on this website may be affiliate links. We are an Amazon affiliate, which means we will receive a small compensation for each purchase you make through our links at no extra cost to you.
Daily devotionals, Family Home Evening (FHE), and Sunday ideas for kids and young children that go with Come, Follow Me for 4/15/2020.
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 4/15
- Read “The Living Christ: The Testimony of the Apostles” together as a family.
- Have each person pick one part of the message they liked and make a poster about it to share with someone this week about Easter.
Take turns hiding pictures of the Savior around the room and have the children find him.
Choose something yummy from this list of 100 Easter Treats and desserts.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 4/15
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use! Don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 4/15:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, and then have a discussion about it using the questions/comments provided
- Take a few minutes to trace the journal entry question and draw a picture of the answer
- To get the full-size journal entry, just click on the picture and print
- Have fun together with the activity!
Modifications for older children:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come Follow Me 4/15
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me 4/15 – For Individuals and Families
- Instead of printing the journal entry and answering it with a drawing, create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
- Mary Magdalene and Mary
- How did they react when the Angel told them that Jesus had risen? (They ran to tell the others!)
- How did they react when Jesus met them on they way? (They worshiped him and held his feet)
- Watch this video: (Jesus is Resurrected)
- How did the disciples find out about Jesus being resurrected?
- Did they know it was him at first?
- How did they find out? How did they feel when they realized who it was?
- Watch this video (The Risen Lord Appears to the Apostles)
- Watch this video: (Blessed Are They That Have Not Seen, and Yet Have Believed)
- Thomas didn’t believe that Jesus was resurrected until he saw him. Why do you think Thomas didn’t believe?
- Do sometimes we have a hard time believing somethings? Do you believe that Jesus was resurrected?
- Christ appeared to 500 other people in addition to the women and the 12 apostles.
- Jesus also appeared to the Nephites
- Why did He appear to so many people?
- They were able to be witnesses of Him to everyone. Just like the apostles’ witnesses that we read in family home evening.
- Watch this video: (Follow Him – An Easter Message about Jesus Christ)
- These are some of the blessings that we receive because Christ died for us and was resurrected.
- Which are your favorite?
- Watch this video: (Because of Him)
- Watch this video: (He Lives)
Sunday Ideas for Come Follow Me 4/15
This week is Easter! Center your Easter on the Savior in these ways:
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 4/15 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you.
Discuss the sacrament, including some of the following questions:
- What did you think about while the sacrament was being passed? How did you focus on the Savior during that time?
- Which baptismal covenants are you focused on improving during the week?
- What can you do during the upcoming week to help you prepare to partake of the sacrament in the following week?
Consider reading the following quote by Elder David B. Haight from his talk The Sacrament from April 1983.:
The weekly opportunity of partaking of the sacrament of the Lord’s Supper is one of the most sacred ordinances of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and is further indication of His love for all of us. Associated with the partaking of the sacrament are principles that are fundamental to man’s advancement and exaltation in the kingdom of God and the shaping of one’s spiritual character. We should reflect in our own weekday conduct the spiritual renewal and commitments made on Sunday. We may fail to recognize the deep spiritual significance this ordinance offers to each of us personally. Is it possible that a casual attitude on our part of routine formality of this sacred occasion might deaden our opportunity for spiritual growth?
Primary Assignment Come Follow Me 4/15
The Come, Follow Me 4/15 – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation:
To help the children share what they learned with their families, encourage them to sing a song about Jesus Christ at home this week.