Daily devotionals, Family Home Evening (FHE), and Sunday ideas for kids and young children that go with Come, Follow Me for 4/8/2019.
Family Home Evening for Kids Come Follow Me 4/8
Latter-day Prophets (including President Nelson)
- Everyone shares their favorite talk from conference.
- Children may want to share a story that they remember.
- Talk about how each member of the family can improve from the things they learned.
Get a picture of the apostles and prophet. See how many each family member can name and earn points to go towards their desert toppings.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 4/8
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use! Don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 4/8:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, and then have a discussion about it using the questions/comments provided
- Take a few minutes to trace the journal entry question and draw a picture of the answer
- To get the full-size journal entry, just click on the picture and print
- Have fun together with the activity!
Modifications for older children:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come Follow Me 4/8
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families
- Instead of printing the journal entry and answering it with a drawing, create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
- Pick a talk that taught something important about the temple. Share it with your family.
Make tents like King Benjamin’s people
- Watch this video (We Need Living Prophets)
- Why do these people think prophets are important?
- Find a talk that taught you something about prayer. Share it with your family.
- How can you improve your prayers?
- Find a talk that taught you something about the atonement. Share it with your family.
- How did this talk strengthen your relationship with Christ?
- Find a talk that taught you something about the Restoration. Share it with your family.
- What blessings do you have because of the Restoration of Christ’s church?
Sunday Ideas for Come Follow Me 4/8
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 4/8 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you.
Discuss the sacrament, including some of the following questions:
- What did you think about while the sacrament was being passed? How did you focus on the Savior during that time?
- Which baptismal covenants are you focused on improving during the week?
- What can you do during the upcoming week to help you prepare to partake of the sacrament in the following week?
Consider reading the following quote by Elder David B. Haight from his talk The Sacrament from April 1983.:
The weekly opportunity of partaking of the sacrament of the Lord’s Supper is one of the most sacred ordinances of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and is further indication of His love for all of us. Associated with the partaking of the sacrament are principles that are fundamental to man’s advancement and exaltation in the kingdom of God and the shaping of one’s spiritual character. We should reflect in our own weekday conduct the spiritual renewal and commitments made on Sunday. We may fail to recognize the deep spiritual significance this ordinance offers to each of us personally. Is it possible that a casual attitude on our part of routine formality of this sacred occasion might deaden our opportunity for spiritual growth?
Primary Assignment for Come Follow Me 4/8:
The Come, Follow Me 4/8 – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 4/8:
Invite the children to ask their parents or other family members how they gained their testimonies of Jesus Christ.