Come Follow Me 1/10/2022 – Devotionals & FHE for Kids
If you find these Come Follow Me 1/10 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotional
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 1/10 for Kids
Know This, That Every Soul Is Free
- What do we learn about God, Jesus and Satan from these verses?
- Why is agency so important to God’s plan? What would be the result of no agency?
- Why does Satan lie? How can we avoid his lies?
Play two truths and a lie.
Allow kids their own choice of dessert 🙂
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 1/10 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 1/10: Moses 5:11
And Eve, his wife, heard all these things and was glad, saying: Were it not for our transgression we never should have had seed, and never should have known good and evil, and the joy of our redemption, and the eternal life which God giveth unto all the obedient.
Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures. You can download these tracing sheets as a PDF.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 1/10 for kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 1/10 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 1/10:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 1/10 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 1/10
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 1/10
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
Follow the Prophet (Children’s #110) first verse
- What do we learn about Satan from this story of the Fall of Adam and Eve?
- The Fall was a transgression, not a sin. That means they broke the law of the Garden of Eden, but they did not break one of God’s commandments.
- The Fall brought sin and physical death into this world.
How can I avoid Satan’s lies?
Cloring page Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden
God Is Watching Over All (Children’s #229)
- What do we learn about the Fall from this version that we didn’t learn before from Genesis?
- Was God angry with Adam and Eve? No, He knew this would happen. This is why He provided a Savior for us.
How do I feel about my Savior?
He Sent His Son (Children’s #34)
- What do these verses teach us about the Fall?
- Was the Fall a bad thing? No, because without the Fall the whole Plan of Salvation wouldn’t work.
- Even though Satan tries to ruins God’s plans, he can’t.
What can I do to follow God’s plan?
Crossword “Article of Faith 2” (Feb. 2011 Friend)
Love Is Spoken Here (Children’s #190)
- This passage of scripture has sometimes been misunderstood to mean that a husband is justified in treating his wife unkindly.
- In our day, the Lord’s prophets have taught that while a husband should preside in the home in righteousness, he should see his wife as an equal partner.
- Elder Dale G. Renlund and Sister Ruth Lybbert Renlund explained that a righteous husband “will seek to minister; he will acknowledge error and seek forgiveness; he will be quick to offer praise; he will be considerate of family members’ preferences; he will feel the great weight of responsibility to provide ‘the necessities of life and protection’ for his family; he will treat his wife with the utmost respect and deference. … He will bless his family.”
What are the qualities of a righteous husband?
I Will Follow God’s Plan (Children’s #164)
- Adam and Eve made sacrifices as a symbol that Jesus Christ would come and be a sacrifice for us.
- Why did God accept Abel’s sacrifice, but not Cain’s?
- What do we learn about our attitudes from this story?
- What sacrifices does God ask of us? How can we have a good attitude about them?
How can I change my attitude today?
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 1/10
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 1/10:
Invite the children to share this week’s activity page with their families and talk about the blessings we have because of the Fall of Adam and Eve.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 1/10
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 1/10 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 1/10:
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 1/10
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- “Garden of Eden” (Sept. 2006 Liahona and Friend). Use finger puppets to tell the story of Adam and Eve.
- “Like Adam and Eve” (Feb. 2009 Liahona and Friend). Fold pages together and read how Adam and Eve worked together. Then unfold pages to find out how we can follow their example.
- Watch Video: Mormon Messages, “A Father Indeed”. The story of a committed husband and father who consistently and passionately demonstrates his love and devotion to his wife and kids.
- Watch Video: Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 3: Adam and Eve”
- Do this activity for “Article of Faith 3” (March 2011 Friend)
- “What Am I?” (August 2010 Friend). Look at close up pictures and guess which of God’s creations is shown.
- “Jesus Christ’s Atonement Is the Greatest Gift of Love” (Feb. 1996 Friend). This activity includes a word search and crossword puzzle with words about the Atonement.
- Read these articles from the Friend about having a positive attitude.
- Do these free Adam and Eve crafts
- Make a pipe cleaner snake
- Second Article of Faith coloring page
Are these Come Follow Me 1/10 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!