Daily devotionals, Family Home Evening (FHE), and Sunday ideas for kids and young children that go with Come, Follow Me for 1/11/2021.
You also should check out our Google Web Story about our devotionals!
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 1/11 for Kids
- Read the scripture through four times. Moroni repeated this message four times when he presented it to Joseph Smith.
- Now have each person repeat as many things as they can without looking back at the scripture.
- Why do you think Moroni presented the same message 4 times?
- What are some other ways the Lord teaches us through repetition?
Play the telephone game.
Try it again, but repeat the message more than once. Does this help?
Fruit Kabobs in a repeating pattern
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 1/11 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 1/11: D&C 2:2
And he shall plant in the hearts of the children the promises made to the fathers, and the hearts of the children shall turn to their fathers.
Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 1/11 for kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me / devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 1/11:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 1/11 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 1/11
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
- Heavenly Father had a mission, a work for Joseph Smith to do. What was it?
- Does Heavenly Father have a work for us to do? How can we know what it is?
- President Russell M. Nelson said: “Ask your Heavenly Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, how He feels about you and your mission here on earth. If you ask with real intent, over time the Spirit will whisper the life-changing truth to you. … I promise you that when you begin to catch even a glimpse of how your Heavenly Father sees you and what He is counting on you to do for Him, your life will never be the same!”
What can I do to know my mission?
- The angel Moroni said several scriptures that were in the Bible, which was thousands of years ago. Those prophets knew back then about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon!
- Why is it important that there were prophecies about Joseph Smith and the Restoration?
How can I know that the prophecies were fulfilled?
- It was a lot of work for Joseph Smith to get the golden plates and translate them. Why would Heavenly Father make that important?
- The Book of Mormon contains the fulness of the gospel. What does that mean? Why is that important?
What things would I not know if I didn’t have the Book of Mormon?
- President Henry B. Eyring said: “It is important to know why the Lord promised to send Elijah. Elijah was a great prophet with great power given him by God. He held the greatest power God gives to His children: he held the sealing power, the power to bind on earth and have it bound in heaven.”
- Elijah was a prophet in the Bible. He had the sealing power. What is that? Without it, families can’t be sealed for eternity in the temple.
What can I do to prepare to go the temple when I am older?
Hidden images “Preparing for the Temple” (August 2012 Friend)
- Elijah will turn the hearts of the fathers and the children – what does this mean? It means we should be thinking about our ancestors and doing family history work for them.
- It also means we should be recording our own family history for our descendants.
- What are some ways that children can participate in family history?
What can I do today to work on family history?
“Family History Fun” (February 2011 Friend)
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 1/11
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 1/11:
Encourage the children to ask their parents to tell them a story about one of their ancestors or help them prepare an ancestor’s favorite meal and eat it together.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 1/11
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 1/11 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you.
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 1/11:
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Family History Quest: “Create a Profile” (April 2018 Friend) Help every member of your family create a profile and collect them in your family history box or binder.
- Coloring page: “Joseph Smith receives the golden plates from the Angel Moroni” (January 1978 Liahona)
- Family History Quest: “A Family Timeline” (March 2018 Friend) Learn more about your family by making a family history timeline.
- “Mystery Picture” (April 1987 Liahona and December 1985 Friend) Answer questions about Joseph Smith and the gold plates to connect the dots to reveal a picture.
- Family History Quest: “Fill Your Family Tree” (May 2018 Friend) Fill in some of your family on this tree, and then add the information onto your family tree on FamilySearch.org.
- Family History Quest: “Find a Family Pioneer” (July 2018 Friend). See how many family pioneers you can find to fill out this page.
- “Sharing Time: The Heart of the Children” (August 2002 Liahona and Friend) Includes instructions for making a mobile based on Malachi 4:6, turning the hearts of the children to the fathers.
- Family History Quest: “Ready, Set, Go!” (January 2018 Friend) Earn your first family history badge by decorating a family history folder, binder, or box and by having an adult sign up to help you use FamilySearch.org.
- Family History Quest: “Story Time” (February 2018 Friend). Ask your parents, aunts and uncles, or grandparents to tell you stories about your family, then pick a story and draw it in the squares, like a cartoon.
- Family History Quest: “Temple Tracker” (August 2018 Friend) Use this chart to keep track of your ancestors’ ordinance work. If the ordinance has already been done, color the temple picture.
Are these Come Follow Me 1/11 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!