Come Follow Me 1/24/2022 – Devotionals & FHE for Kids
If you find these Come Follow Me 1/24 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotional
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 1/24 for Kids
- Cut a heart out of paper and then cut it into pieces.
- Give each person a piece and have them write their names on it.
- As you put the heart back together, talk about he things you like about each person.
- What does it mean to be of one heart?
Make blessings bags for the homeless.
Valentine’s Day Sour Cream Sugar Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 1/24 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 1/24: Moses 7:18
And the Lord called his people Zion, because they were of one heart and one mind, and dwelt in righteousness; and there was no poor among them.
Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures. You can download these tracing sheets as a PDF.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 1/24 for kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 1/24 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 1/24:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 1/24 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 1/24
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 1/24
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
We Are Different (Children’s #263)
- Last year we learned that the early Saints were trying to build Zion.
- Eventually, Zion was defined as the pure in heart.
- What do we learn about Zion in these verses?
- How can we build Zion in our homes? In our wards?
What can I do today to build Zion?
Spot the differences Enoch and the People of Zion
I’ll Walk with You (Children’s #140)
- What happened to the City of Enoch?
- This describes them being translated, which means they did not die, but they are changed so they do not experience pain or death as mortals.
- Zion went to live with God. What do you think that is like?
- What can we do to live with God?
What does living in Zion feel like?
“City of Enoch” (December 1994 Friend)
- God weeps for His children and becomes angry with them sometimes. Why?
- What do we learn about God and His love in these verses?
What can I do today to make God happy?
Coloring Page: “Because I am His Child, I will serve God with all my heart, might, mind, and strength.” (October 2008 Friend)
Choose the Right Way (Children’s #160)
- Yesterday we talked about how God loves us so much, He weeps for us and is involved in our lives.
- What more do we learn about God in these verses?
- Why is agency so important that God would allow it even though it makes Him sad?
What good choices can I make today?
“Choosing the Right” (January 2013 Friend)
When He Comes Again (Children’s #82)
- We are living in the last days. This means right before the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.
- What are the last days like?
- How can we be prepared for the last days?
What can I do today to prepare for the Second Coming?
Make the booklet “Jesus Christ Will Come Again!” (December 2015 Liahona and Friend)
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 1/24
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 1/24:
How can you encourage the children and their families to continue to learn from the Old Testament at home? For example, children could share something they drew or colored in Primary as part of a home evening lesson.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 1/24
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 1/24 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 1/24:
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 1/24
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Watch Video: Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 5: Enoch”
- “The City of Enoch” (April 2002 Friend). Create a moving picture to use in telling the story of the city of Enoch being taken up to heaven.
- Coloring Page: “My family and I can serve others.”
- “Love-Your-Neighbor Adventure” (March 2017 Friend). When you land on a question mark, pick a question, decide what you would do in that situation, and then read what Church leaders have said.
- Read “Adam’s Big Green Cast” (January 2018 Friend) with your family. Then on slips of paper, write down examples of people who need help, like “Your neighbor is sick” or “Your friend is sad.” Have everyone leave while you hide the papers around the room. Call everyone back, and let the search begin! When someone finds a card, have them say how they would help that person. When all the papers are found, explain that when we look, we can find lots of ways to help!
- “June Service Box” (June 2012 Friend). Make a service box by writing service ideas on slips of paper and completing them throughout the month.
- “An Important Lesson” (October 2011 Friend). These Primary children are learning an important lesson but need help finding the right tools.
- “Serving Others Hidden Picture” (May 2011 Friend). Find hidden pictures and color this page showing children giving cookies and bread to their neighbor.
- Ask the bishop if there is anyone in your ward that needs extra help, then set goals as a family on how you can help them.
- “Jesus Christ Will Come Again” (September 2001 Friend). Use multiplication to solve a puzzle about what Jesus taught his disciples about His Second Coming.
- “Sharing Time: What a Joyful Day” (December 2001 Friend). Includes an activity to color various pictures of activities that can prepare children for the Second Coming.
Are these Come Follow Me 1/24 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!
YOU ARE AMAZING! You are so talented and thoughtful. Thank you for creating these wonderful lessons. Its hard to come up for a devotional that is quick and meaningful and not have to pay for it every week, having this source available for no cost means a lot to me.
Oh wow, thank you so much for your kind words!! We’re glad these are beneficial for you!