Daily devotionals, Family Home Evening (FHE), and Sunday ideas for kids and young children that go with Come, Follow Me for 10/19/2020.
Links on this website may be affiliate links. We are an Amazon affiliate, which means we will receive a small compensation for each purchase you make through our links at no extra cost to you.
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 10/19
- Have all the family members hide except for one.
- That person should go find everyone.
- Why would God and the angels rejoice when souls are found?
- What can we do to make sure no one in our family is lost?
- Why is important to find everyone?
- How can we help a friend or family member that has fallen off the gospel path?
Finish the “Hide & Seek” Game
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 10/19
Work on memorizing this scripture during the week for Come Follow Me 10/19: 4th Article of Faith
We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 10/19
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 10/19 devotionals! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 10/19:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 10/19 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 10/19
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
- When Jesus came to the Americas, He called 12 disciples to lead His church there, just like He called the 12 Apostles in Jerusalem.
- The disciples didn’t know what to call the church, so they prayed to ask. Jesus appeared – what did He tell them?
- Why would the Church be called in His name?
The 12 Nephite Disciples coloring page
What can I do to be a good representative of the Church of Jesus Christ?
- Here Jesus teaches the people about the gospel. What is His gospel?
- Gift of the Holy Ghost
- Endure to the End
- Do we do any of these one time? Many times?
“Fourth Article of Faith Maze” (November 2004 Friend)
What can I do to live the gospel?
“Had I Been a Child” (Children’s Songbook, 80)
- In these verses, Jesus asks the 12 disciples what they want from Him. 9 of them want to live to an old age, then go to the Celestial Kingdom to live with the Lord.
- What did the other 3 want? What happened next?
- What would you say if the Savior asked you, as He asked His disciples, “What is it that ye desire of me?”
Write a letter to the Savior to let Him know what you desire of Him. (A little like a letter to Santa, but not frivolous.)
See the activity.
- Can you imagine what it would have been like to live in the years following the Savior’s visit?
- How did the people maintain this divine peace for so long—nearly 200 years?
“Peace in America” (September 1988 Friend)
How can I live in unity now like the Nephites did?
- We learned yesterday about how the people lived happily for 200 years. Then what happened?
- The people started making wrong, wicked choices. Eventually these choices led to the entire destruction of the Nephites by the Lamanites.
- As we read these verses, do any of those choices seem like choices we make today in our community? What about in ourselves?
“Book of Fourth Nephi” (September 1988 Friend)
What wrong choices do I make that can I work on?
Primary Assignment for Come Follow Me 10/19
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 10/19:
Encourage the children to decide on one thing they will do to bring more peace and happiness to their home and share it with their families.
Sunday Ideas for Come Follow Me 10/19
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 10/19 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you.
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 10/19:
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- “Fourth Article of Faith” (August 2004 Friend) Place the missing vowels in these words from the fourth article of faith.
- “The First Principles and Ordinances of the Gospel Make It Possible for Me to Live With God Again” (June 2011 Liahona and Friend) A mobile craft of the fourth article of faith.
- Play these games to memorize the 4th Article of Faith
- Read “Peace in America” (October 1997 Liahona and February 1997 Friend) A pictorial retelling of Christ visiting the Nephites and bringing peace to the land.
- “The Great Work of God” (July 2012 Friend) President Dieter F. Uchtdorf explains some of the blessings of the Church. Includes an activity to look up scriptures about the blessings and match them to pictures.
- “Sharing Time: I Belong to the Church of Jesus Christ” (January 2003 Liahona and Friend) An explanation of being a member of an organization. Includes a printable booklet about being a member of the Church.
- Watch Video: New Testament Stories, “Chapter 18: Jesus Chooses His Apostles”
- “The Restored Church” (April 2013 Friend) Match the pictures with the scripture verses that describe them.
- Read “Chapter 18: Beware of Pride,” Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Ezra Taft Benson (2014), 229–40.
- Make this peace craft
- Watch “Matt and Mandy: Getting Along”
Are these Come Follow Me 10/19 ideas useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!