If you find these Come Follow Me 10/25 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotional
You also should check out our Google Web Story about our devotionals!
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 10/25 for Kids
- Why does the Lord command us to build temples?
- Discuss why each of you are thankful for the temples that we have today.
- Why do we need to worship in them regularly?
Use blocks to build a model temple together. You could talk about the different areas in the temple and what they are for.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 10/25 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 10/25: Doctrine and Covenants 124:40-41
And verily I say unto you, let this house be built unto my name, that I may reveal mine ordinances therein unto my people;
For I deign to reveal unto my church things which have been kept hid from before the foundation of the world, things that pertain to the dispensation of the fulness of times.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 10/25 for kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 10/25 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 10/25:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 10/25 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 10/25
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 10/25
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
- When the Saints left Far West, they were welcomed by the people in Quincy, Illinois. Guards allowed Joseph to escape from Liberty Jail, and he joined the Saints.
- The Church purchased land to build Nauvoo, but it was a swamp. It took a lot of hard work, and many were very poor since they lost everything in Far West.
- In this section, the Lord gives Joseph a revelation about building a temple. But first, he commands Joseph to share the gospel.
- If the Lord told your family “to make a solemn proclamation of my gospel” to “the kings of the world” (verses 2–3), what would your proclamation say?
What is the gospel truth that is most important to me, and why?
Make a poster with your proclamation and hang it where everyone who visits your home can see it.
- Some important leaders left the Church, but many of them remained faithful.
- What does the Lord say to these faithful servants?
- What do we learn in these verses about being a disciple of Jesus Christ?
- How are these Saints an example to me?
How can I be a disciple today?
Print this “Wanted: Disciple” paper and have your child draw themselves in the blank square. Hang it where they can see it each day.
- The Saints had been through really hard things over the last year. It would have been easy for them to want to stay in Nauvoo and not allow in new people. What does the Lord tell them to do instead?
- What do we learn about the purpose of the Church in these verses?
- How can we apply these verses to our ward and home?
How can I make my home and ward more welcoming?
“Making a New Friend” (September 2011 Liahona and Friend)
- Once they had settled in Nauvoo, the Lord gave the Saints instructions about building a temple—just as He had in Ohio and Missouri.
- What do these verses tell you about why He asks that when He knew it was so difficult?
- President Russell M. Nelson taught: “We know that our time in the temple is crucial to our salvation and exaltation and to that of our families. … The assaults of the adversary are increasing exponentially, in intensity and in variety. Our need to be in the temple on a regular basis has never been greater.”
- What can we do to follow President Nelson’s counsel as children?
What can I do now to prepare to go to the temple?
“Temple Words” (August 2011 Friend)
- Verses 84–118 are filled with counsel for specific individuals, and some of it may not seem relevant to our lives.
- But there might be some things in there that are what we do need to hear.
- You can ask Heavenly Father what things in these verses apply to you.
- Once He helps you know, what can you do to act on it?
What do I think should apply to me in these verses? How can I act on it?
Holy Ghost Speaks to My Heart coloring sheet (download the lesson PDF with the button at the top; the coloring page is the last page, page 5)
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 10/25
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 10/25:
Invite children to share with a family member one thing they learned about temples and why they want to go to the temple someday.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 10/25
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 10/25 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 10/25:
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 10/25
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Read Saints, 1:399–427
- Watch “A Friend to All”
- Read “Organizing the Church in Nauvoo,” Revelations in Context, 264–71.
- Read “Becoming Exemplary Latter-day Saints,” Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2018, 114
- Look up articles in Church History Topics, “Nauvoo Temple” and read them together.
- Go HERE on Google Maps and choose the 360 view to look around Nauvoo and see the sites you learned about during the week.
- Set a goal for something specific to do to follow in Christ’s footsteps as His disciple this week. Keep track each day with this discipleship coloring sheet.
- Color this D is for Disciple coloring page (download the free PDF, it is the 3rd page)
- Look over this “Friendship Challenge” (September 2010 Friend) and work on it a little bit at a time.
- “What Kind of Friend Are You?” (May 2009 Friend). Take this quiz to see how well you are doing at being a friend. Discuss how it is also important to be a friend to your siblings.
- Read the section For the Strength of Youth: Friends
- Watch Video: For Little Friends, “New Friends, Old Friends” Lissa finds a way to make new friends.
- Sing these Primary songs about friendship and being welcoming, then discuss their meanings.
- Watch Video: For Little Friends, “Can’t We Be Friends?” Margaret finds a way to be friends with unkind girls.
- Play the game “The Temple—I’m going There Someday” (August 2009 Liahona and Friend)
- “Why We Have Temples” (October 2015 Friend) word search activity to discover the reason we have so many temples.
- Make Holy Ghost listening ears and play the game
- If you and/or your child(ren) are having a difficult time knowing how the Holy Ghost is speaking, do this object lesson.
Are these Come Follow Me 10/25 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!