Daily devotionals, Family Home Evening (FHE), and Sunday ideas for kids and young children that go with Come, Follow Me for 10/26/2020.
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 10/26
- Get some feathers or torn up tissues to represent the chaff (dried husk or shell around a seed), and take turns blowing it around the room.
- Do the little pieces have a lot of choice on where they end up?
- How easy is it to make them go somewhere else?
- How is being without God like being chaff in the wind?
Have a race where you have to blow a feather/tissue across the room the fastest.
Homemade wheat bread with honey or butter & cinnamon on top.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 10/26
Work on memorizing this scripture during the week for Come Follow Me 10/26: Mormon 3:22
And I would that I could persuade all ye ends of the earth to repent and prepare to stand before the judgment-seat of Christ.
Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 10/26
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 10/26 devotionals! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 10/26:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 10/26 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 10/26
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
Choose the Right (Children’s #239)
- What kind of person was Mormon? What were the people like around him?
- Do you think it was easy or hard to be righteous when everyone else was wicked?
- Does that happen today?
How can I remember to choose the right?
More Holiness Give Me (Hymns #131)
- Because of the wickedness, the Nephites were being destroyed by the Lamanites. Mormon led them, but they were losing because the Lord didn’t help them.
- When Mormon saw his people’s sorrow, he hoped they would repent. But “their sorrowing was not unto repentance.”
- There are two types of sorrow when we commit sin: worldly sorrow and godly sorrow.
- Make a chart with Godly Sorrow on one side and Worldly Sorrow on the other side. Write the characteristics of each type on the corresponding side. (This chart may give you some ideas)
What is repentance? scripture maze
What should I do when I feel godly sorrow?
A Song of Thanks (Children’s #20a)
- The Nephites began to repent a little and they won a battle.
- But instead of being grateful to the Lord, they boasted (bragged) about how strong they were. They didn’t recognize the Lord’s hand in saving them.
- Sometimes we miss things Heavenly Father helps us with because we are focused on ourselves. How can we recognize His hand in our lives better?
“3-D Thankful Apple” (November 2018 Friend)
What am I thankful for?
“A Child’s Prayer”(Children’s Songbook, 12)
- The Nephites refused to call upon the Lord, even though they were losing the battles.
- Why might we hesitate to call upon Heavenly Father when we are struggling?
- What can we do to rely on Heavenly Father more?
Make paper donuts and add sprinkles to talk about good prayers
What can I ask the Lord for help with?
- The Nephites never repented and continued to be wicked.
- Then they decided to fight against the Lamanites without waiting for the Lamanites to attack them first. Thousands of people died during all of these battles.
- The Nephites rejected Mormon’s teachings, but he had hope that his record would influence you.
- What do these versese tell us about the consequences of sin?
- How do Heavenly Father and Jesus feel about us when we sin?
What are some natural consequences of choices I make?
Primary Assignment for Come Follow Me 10/26
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 10/26:
Encourage the children to display this week’s activity page somewhere at home so that they will be reminded to show love for others. Give them an opportunity in a future class to share what they did.
Sunday Ideas for Come Follow Me 10/26
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 10/26 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you.
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 10/26:
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Listen to the song “Godly Sorrow” from the New Testament seminary soundtrack. Discuss the lyrics together. You can also watch the video that went with it. It is about a engaged young woman who told her bishop in the temple recommend interview about a sin from a prior relationship. She isn’t able to get a recommend right away, and she was more worried about what everyone would think than about repentance.
- Watch the video “Godly sorrow worketh repentance“
- “Grow a Family Gratitude Tree” (November 2018 Friend). Make a family gratitude tree by writing things you are grateful for on paper leaves.
- Read D&C 59:21 and discuss it as a family
- Make “A Box of Blessings” (August 2013 Friend) as a family
- “Fishing for Blessings” (November 2017 Friend) Play this game with your family to talk about ways Heavenly Father has blessed you.
- Learn more about the prophet Mormon and what happened throughout his lifetime with this activity.
- Read “Mormon and the Book of Mormon” (May 1984 Friend), which is a retelling of the story of Mormon as a young boy and how he grew and kept the sacred record.
- Sing Jesus Said Love Everyone,” Children’s #61 and discuss the lyrics.
- Play Chutes and Ladders, and talk about how it shows us consequences of actions – either good or bad.
- Do LEGO prayers
Are these Come Follow Me 10/26 ideas useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!