If you find these Come Follow Me 10/3 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotional
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 10/3 for Kids
- What are these verses talking about?
- What are some things we usually doe to find our own pleasure?
- How can we delight in the Lord on the Sabbath?
- What things can we do to make the Sabbath a delight?
- What are the blessings that come from keeping the Sabbath Day holy?
Make a poster with a list of things you can do on Sundays to keep the Sabbath focused on the Lord.
Ice cream sundaes (because we’re talking about Sunday)
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 10/3 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 10/3: Isaiah 58:6–7
Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?
Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 10/3 for kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 10/3 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 10/3:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 10/3 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 10/3
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 10/3
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
- These verses suggest that to many ancient Israelites, fasting was more of a burden than a blessing.
- Many of us can relate to that feeling at times – fasting can be difficult!
- Find the Lord’s answers to the question “Why do we fast?”
- In your experience, how can fasting “loose the bands of wickedness” and “break every yoke”?
- How has fasting blessed your life?
- For very young children, discussing fasting something small – like fasting from candy that day.
How can I do better at fasting?
- How would you summarize the spiritual condition of the people described in verses 9–15?
- What is an “intercessor”?
- What impresses you about the description of the “intercessor” in verses 16–21 and the covenant He makes with those who turn to Him?
- How does this describe Christ and His Atonement?
How can I show my gratitude to the Savior?
The Cross – To see where Jesus died color the dotted triangles brown
God’s Love (Children’s #97) verses 2-3
- How has Jesus Christ blessed you in the ways described in these verses?
- What “good tidings” has He brought you?
- How has He given you beauty in place of ashes?
- What “lovingkindnesses of the Lord” can you mention?
- What feelings for the Savior do these verses inspire in your heart?
How do I feel about the Savior?
- Isaiah 60 and 62 speak of light and dark, eyes and seeing, to teach about how the gospel of Jesus Christ will bless the world in the last days.
- How God is gathering His children out of darkness to His light?
- What is your role in this work?
How can I be a light to others?
“Be Thou an Example” (November 2010 Friend)
When He Comes Again (Children’s #82) especially verse 2
- Isaiah spoke of a day when “the former troubles are forgotten.”
- While this prophecy has several fulfillments, in its fullest sense, that day is yet to come—when Jesus Christ will return to the earth and establish an era of peace and righteousness called the Millennium.
- Based on these verses, what will that day be like?
- Why will the Savior’s return will be a day of rejoicing for you.
- What can you do to prepare for His coming?
How can I prepare for the Second Coming?
“Jesus Christ Will Come Again” (September 2001 Friend)
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 10/3
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 10/3:
Invite the children to share something they learned today about the Savior with their families. Encourage them to read the scriptures with their families this week.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 10/3
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 10/3 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 10/3:
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 10/3
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Watch or read “Is Not This the Fast That I Have Chosen?” (Ensign or Liahona, May 2015, 22–25).
- Read or watch Bonnie H. Cordon, “That They May See,” Ensign or Liahona, May 2020, 78–80.
- Read Russell M. Nelson, “The Future of the Church: Preparing the World for the Savior’s Second Coming,” Ensign, Apr. 2020, 13–17.
- Read Esther 4–8:8 and decode the Queen Esther message
- Do this Fasting and Prayer activity, then color and put together these movable figures.
- Watch “The Mediator” to help children understand how Christ is the intercessor on our behalf.
- Coloring Page: “To prepare for the Second Coming, I will follow Jesus Christ.” (December 2011 Friend)
- “Jesus Christ Will Come Again” (September 2001 Friend). Use multiplication to solve a puzzle about what Jesus taught his disciples about His Second Coming.
- “Coloring Page: Following Jesus” (January 2015 Friend)
- “Jesus Christ Will Come Again!” (December 2015 Liahona and Friend). A lesson about the Second Coming and a booklet with reminders of how to prepare for Christ’s return.
- “Let Your Light Shine” (October 2007 Friend). A hidden word puzzle.
- Coloring Page: “I Can Be a Good Example” (August 2018 Liahona and Friend)
Are these Come Follow Me 10/3 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!