If you find these Come Follow Me 11/15 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotional
You also should check out our Google Web Story about our devotionals!
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 11/15 for Kids
- As you read the verses, each of you draw a picture of what you think the second coming will be like?
- What stands out to each of you?
- What can we do to prepare ourselves for his coming?
Finish coloring your drawings.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 11/15 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 11/15: Articles of Faith 1:12
We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 11/15 for kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 11/15 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 11/15:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 11/15 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 11/15
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 11/15
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
- The Church decided to publish all of the revelations we have read so far as the Book of Commandments. This section was meant to be the Appendix, or the end of it.
- Wicked men came to Nauvoo and destroyed the printing press, scattering the pages everywhere. Some were saved.
- This section is a warning to all the world about the Second Coming and the Lord calling His people to righteousness. The Lord says in the first verse for His church to “hearken.” What are the things we should listen to in these verses?
What can I do today that show I am listening to His warning?
Coloring Page: “To prepare for the Second Coming, I will follow Jesus Christ.” (December 2011 Friend)
- What do we read about what will happen before the Savior’s return (verses 19-32)?
- What will occur at the moment of His coming (verses 33-56)?
- How do you feel about the Second Coming? Nervous? Afraid? Excited? Hopeful?
- What can we do to prepare for the events before His coming? Physically? Spiritually?
- How can we increase our faith in His promises? How does knowing the Plan of Salvation help us when these trials occur?
What does our family need to do to prepare for the Second Coming?
“Article of Faith 10” (September 2011 Friend). Do the activity about what it will be like when He comes again.
- Why do you think this section and all of the Book of Commandments was so important?
- What are some of the consequences of not listening to these words?
- What role do I have in the Lord’s work in the last days?
How can I share the gospel with someone today?
“Sharing Time: What a Joyful Day” (December 2001 Friend). (Do the picture craft at the end.)
- What do these verses tell us about government?
- Why does our family have rules? How do the rules bless our family?
- How do laws bless our country?
What are some of the laws in my country that I can obey?
Draw or color a picture of your country’s flag.
- The relationship the Saints had with the government was very complicated. Each time the Saints were kicked out of a place, they did not get any help from the government.
- Several times Joseph Smith was put in jail falsely. How do you think the Saints felt about the government?
- Some people thought that forming Zion meant they only had to follow God’s laws, not the law of the land. What do these verses tell us?
- What are our responsibilities towards government? What are the government’s responsibilities to us?
What can I do to support the righteous things our government does?
“What Laws Mean” (May 1976 Friend)
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 11/15
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 11/15:
Give each child a question to ask a family member at home. For instance, if you learned about the Savior’s Second Coming, a child could ask, “What can we do to prepare for Jesus to come again?”
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 11/15
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 11/15 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 11/15:
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 11/15
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Sing the songs for The Eleventh Article of Faith (#130) and The Twelfth Article of Faith (#131) multiple times to help you memorize them.
- Read or listen to D. Todd Christofferson, “Preparing for the Lord’s Return” Ensign or Liahona, May 2019, 81–84.
- “Jesus Christ Will Come Again” (September 2001 Friend). Use multiplication to solve a puzzle about what Jesus taught his disciples about His Second Coming.
- Read “The Second Coming of Jesus Christ” (July 1985 Friend). An illustrated retelling of what Jesus told Joseph Smith about the Second Coming.
- If your child is feeling afraid of the Second Coming, read “The Latter Days” (September 1995 Friend) where Elder M. Russell Ballard teaches about having courage in the days before the Savior’s Second Coming.
- Read about Mary Elizabeth, a girl who helped save pages from the Book of Commandments in “A Girl of Great Faith, Part One: Conversion in Kirtland” and “A Girl of Great Faith, Part Two: Courage in Independence” and “A Girl of Great Faith, Part Three: Strength in Far West”.
- Do the activity “Saving the Book of Commandments” (July 2013 Friend)
- Fill out the sheet “Article of Faith 12” (November 2011 Friend)
- Watch Video: “We Are Bound to Sustain the Law” where Elder L. Tom Perry teaches that we should sustain the law (D&C 134).
- Make your own coat of arms with this “Sharing Time: Obey the Law” (October 1995 Friend).
- Watch “I’ll Stay—Emergency Response Music Video” which is A beautiful, 3-minute video showing how LDS Charities has responded to various natural disasters. There are other videos on the page about the Church’s emergency response in different situations.
Are these Come Follow Me 11/15 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!