Come Follow Me 11/2/2020 – Devotionals & FHE for Kids
Daily devotionals, Family Home Evening (FHE), and Sunday ideas for kids and young children that go with Come, Follow Me for 11/2/2020.
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 11/2
- First make the recipe for the activity/treat together.
- Talk about how you need to have the right ingredients to make the dish come out right.
- What would happen if you used salt instead of sugar? Or added pepper instead of salt?
- Read the scripture and discuss the ‘ingredients’ to make miracles possible.
- What miracles have you seen in your own family?
Make a favorite family recipe together.
Whatever you chose to make above.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 11/2
Work on memorizing this scripture during the week for Come Follow Me 11/2: Mormon 8:22
For the eternal purposes of the Lord shall roll on, until all his promises shall be fulfilled.
Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 11/2
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 11/2 devotionals! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 11/2:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 11/2 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 11/2
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
The Books in the Book of Mormon (Children’s #119)
- Mormon’s last recorded words are for the Lamanite descendants, but they are also for us. What does he tell us?
- What do we learn about Jesus in these verses?
- Why would Mormon choose these words to be his last ones for us?
“Sharing Time: Mormon—A Valiant Prophet” Read statements about Mormon, then number and color the pictures to match the story.
Draw a picture of Mormon’s words.
We’ll Bring the World His Truth (Children’s #172)
- President Russell M. Nelson asked: “If you were offered diamonds or rubies or the Book of Mormon, which would you choose? Honestly, which is of greater worth to you?”
- Mormon and Moroni knew the record they were keeping would be of great worth in our day, so they made great sacrifices to prepare and protect it.
- Why is it so important for us?
Make this Book of Mormon trace and paste book
Draw a picture of your favorite Book of Mormon story.
An Angel Came to Joseph Smith (Children’s #86a)
- Jesus Christ showed Moroni what would be happening when the Book of Mormon came forth
- What Moroni saw led him to give bold warnings for our day.
- What are some of those warnings? Are any signs of these attitudes and actions in your life.
“From Golden Plates to a Priceless Book” (March 2017 Friend) A crossword puzzle with clues about the coming forth of the Book of Mormon.
What can I do differently so I don’t have the attitudes Moroni warned about?
Faith (Children’s #96)
- Moroni continues his warnings about the last days when the Book of Mormon would come forth.
- These verses contain Moroni’s message in response to the widespread lack of belief in Jesus Christ he foresaw in our day.
- What are the consequences of not believing in Christ? (verses 1–6, 26)
- What is the importance of believing in a God of revelation and miracles? (verses 7–20)
- Moroni had special counsel for us – what is it? (verses 21–30)
Make a miracles tree – draw a tree trunk and cut out leaves from green paper. On each leaf, put a miracle that has occurred in your life (or one from a scripture story) and add it to the tree. You could do it on a piece of paper, or make large trunk for your wall.
Draw a picture of a favorite scripture story about a miracle.
A Child’s Prayer (Children’s #12)
- Mormon and Moroni knew what it felt like to be alone in a wicked world.
- For Moroni the loneliness must have been especially severe after his father died in battle and the Nephites were destroyed.
- Have you ever felt alone? Are we ever really alone?
Jesus is my friend. Have the child trace the words and then draw themselves with Jesus.
Who can I help not feel lonely?
Primary Assignment for Come Follow Me 11/2
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 11/2:
Invite the children to ask a family member to describe a miracle that strengthened his or her testimony.
Sunday Ideas for Come Follow Me 11/2
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 11/2 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you.
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 11/2:
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Look at the picture Gospel Art Picture: “Mormon Bids Farewell” and talk about Mormon and his son Moroni. What were they thinking and feeling at this time?
- “Many Mighty Miracles” (August 2015 Friend and Liahona). Match the scripture references with the pictures of Christ’s miracles. Includes a summary of the story of Jesus and Lazarus.
- Make a miracles of Jesus lapbook
- Read these stories in the Friend about miracles.
- Role-play situations where your kids feel lonely or are being bullied or there is peer pressure. Also role-play what to do in situations where other kids might feel this way.
- Passing kindness activity.
- Sing the song “I’ll Walk with You” (Children’s Songbook, 140) and talk about the lyrics.
- Look at the image Bright Idea Poster: “Be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you.” (October 2012 Friend) and talk about what the verse means
- Read the poem “Feelings” (March 2013 Friend) and talk about it.
- “Comfort Cards” (April 2019 Liahona and Friend) Cut out these cards, and keep them in your scriptures or another place to look at when you feel sad, lonely, or scared.
- Read the story “What Really Matters” (February 2013 Liahona and Friend) and talk about it.
- Listen to the seminary soundtrack song “For Our Day” and talk about the lyrics. You can also watch the seminary video.
Are these Come Follow Me 11/2 ideas useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!