Daily devotionals, Family Home Evening (FHE), and Sunday ideas for kids and young children that go with Come, Follow Me for 11/23/2020.
Links on this website may be affiliate links. We are an Amazon affiliate, which means we will receive a small compensation for each purchase you make through our links at no extra cost to you.
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 11/23
- Hide a picture of Jesus somewhere in the room and let the small children ‘seek’ for it.
- Read the scripture and talk about why it is important to seek Christ.
- How do we seek Him?
- What are the blessings that we might receive for actively trying to find Christ in your life?
Hide and Seek
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 11/23
Work on memorizing this scripture during the week for Come Follow Me 11/23: Ether 12:6
I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.
Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 11/23
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me / devotionals! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 11/23:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 11/23 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 11/23
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
The Books in the Book of Mormon (Children’s #119)
- We are now finishing the book of Ether. Ether was the last prophet of the Jaredites.
- He had many prophecies, and he saw the destruction of the entire civilization because of their wickedness.
- He saw Christ’s time, and he also saw our day, in addition to telling the Jaredite kings what would happen if they didn’t repent.
- The Jaredites were split into two countries, who often went to war with each other. When the kings were righteous, the people prospered, but over time they kept getting more and more wicked.
- This week we will study a lot about Ether’s words because they apply to us.
Take turns pretending to be Ether telling the kings and the people that they need to choose the right.
Who can you share the gospel with this week? How?
- Moroni interrupts here and talks to us a little bit, too, about the importance of Ether’s writings.
- What does Moroni say about faith in these verses?
How can I increase my faith?
Hope of Israel (Hymns #259)
- There are some wonderful promises in these verses. What do they teach about hope?
- What do we need to do to have this hope?
What can I do so I can have hope for a better world?
When Faith Endures (Hymns #128)
- What was Moroni worried about? What did the Lord tell Moroni?
- Do we worry about things that we aren’t good at? What should we do?
What weakness do I have that I can work on making a strength?
Follow the Prophet (Children’s #110)
- The last two kings in Ether’s time were Shiz and Coriantumr.
- Ether told Coriantumr that if he would repent, they would be spared. But Coriantumr had too much pride and anger. Thousands and thousands of people died in the war between the two.
- Coriantumr killed Shiz, and he was the only person left alive of the Jaredites. He is the same one we read about King Benjamin’s people meeting. That’s how we got the writings of the Jaredites.
Follow the Prophet- Maze
How can I follow the prophet?
Primary Assignment for Come Follow Me 11/23
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 11/23:
Invite the children to write down a truth they would like to gain a testimony of. Help them set a goal to exercise faith so they can gain a witness of that truth.
Sunday Ideas for Come Follow Me 11/23
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 11/23 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you.
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 11/23:
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Watch “The Last of the Jaredites: Coriantumr and Shiz”
- Put on a talent show as a family. Use your strengths to help each others’ weakenesses.
- Use this model to set goals as a family.
- The Prophet Speaks for Heavenly Father- Mobile about being willing to follow the prophet
- Watch Blessed and Happy Are Those Who Keep the Commandments of God (about 5 1/2 minutes)- Story from Elder Keetch’s General Conference talk with the barrier from the sharks.
- Play a guessing game. Give clues about the faithful people described in Ether 12:13–15, 19–20 until the children can guess who they are. Then let the children play the game again by taking turns giving clues about the same people (or other faithful people) while the rest of the class guesses. Share what you admire about the faith of these people.
Are these Come Follow Me 11/23 ideas useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!