Come Follow Me 11/30/2020 – Devotionals & FHE for Kids
Daily devotionals, Family Home Evening (FHE), and Sunday ideas for kids and young children that go with Come, Follow Me for 11/30/2020.
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 11/30
- What do we learn about repentance from this scripture?
- Talk about what real intent means. Sometimes we apologize or feel bad when we get in trouble, not because we are sorry we did it, but because we got a negative consequence. This is not repenting with real intent.
- Real intent means that we try to be better because we love God and others.
- How does it make you feel that God will forgive you every time that you truly repent?
Write a letter or draw a picture of a time when someone hurt you. Think about if you have forgiven them.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 11/30
Work on memorizing this scripture during the week for Come Follow Me 11/30: Moroni 5:6
And the church did meet together oft, to fast and to pray, and to speak one with another concerning the welfare of their souls.
Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 11/30
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 11/30 devotionals! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 11/30:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 11/30 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 11/30
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
If You’re Happy (Children’s #266)
- Moroni thought that the Jaredite writings would be the last thing he did, but the Lord wanted him to write a little more.
- Moroni was all alone – every other righteous person had been killed.
- What is Moroni’s attitude about his circumstances? What can we learn from him about what to do during hard times?
“Key to Happiness” secret message
What can help me have a good attitude during hard times?
The Fourth Article of Faith (Children’s #124)
- Moroni teaches us the right way to do many Priesthood ordinances, including baptism and confirmation, the sacrament, and Priesthood ordinations.
- Today we will talk about baptism and confirmation.
- What do these verses teach us about baptism and confirmation?
What can I do to be ready to be baptized? (Or stay worthy of my baptism?)
The Sacrament (Children’s #72)
- Today we will talk about the sacrament. Moroni taught us the prayers we should use for the sacrament, and we still use them today!
- What do we learn about the sacrament in these verses?
- What promises do we make when we take the sacrament?
Coloring Page: “When I take the sacrament I renew my baptismal covenants.”
How can I keep my promises in the sacrament prayers?
The Priesthood Is Restored (Children’s #89)
- This chapter has Moroni’s teachings about the Priesthood and its ordination (meaning a worthy, righteous male being ordained to the Priesthood, or given the Priesthood)
- What do you find in this chapter that could help someone prepare to be ordained to the priesthood?
- What do you find that would help someone perform an ordination?
- Even though women are not ordained to the Priesthood, they have the same access to Priesthood blessings. A man with the Priesthood cannot bless himself, only others.
Blessings of the Priesthood Are Available to All
What can I do to be more worthy of receiving Priesthood blessings?
When I Go to Church (Children’s #157)
- The people in Moroni’s time went to church when they were righteous.
- Why did they go to church? Do we go to church for the same reasons?
More than Just Quietly Sitting matching game
What can I do to be more reverent at church?
Primary Assignment for Come Follow Me 11/30
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 11/30:
Encourage the children to talk to their family about reasons they like to attend church each week.
Sunday Ideas for Come Follow Me 11/30
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 11/30 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you.
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 11/30:
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- “I Will Remember Jesus Christ” (December 2009 Liahona and Friend) Create a booklet to write down things learned about Jesus Christ in the sacrament hymns.
- “The First Principles and Ordinances of the Gospel Make It Possible for Me to Live With God Again” (June 2011 Liahona and Friend) A mobile craft of the fourth article of faith.
- “Fourth Article of Faith” (August 2004 Friend) Place the missing vowels in these words from the fourth article of faith
- Moroni’s Words to Us: How Will Keeping My Baptismal Covenant Help Me Follow Jesus Throughout My Life?- Summary and scripture figures to color and tell the story
- “Remembering Jesus Christ during the Sacrament” (June 2007 Liahona and Friend) A wheel depicting various scenes which can help children remember Christ as they partake of the sacrament.
- “Sacrament Time” (May 2007 Friend) Read descriptions of people who make sacrament meeting reverent and point to them in picture.
- “Taking the Sacrament” (August 2003 Friend) Includes instructions for making a door hanger to help you remember goals you make during the sacrament.
- “Article of Faith 5” (May 2011 Friend) Includes a simple activity to arrange pictures showing steps for a church calling in the right order.
- “Priesthood Hidden Scripture” (June 2004 Friend) Color in some letters in this square to read a scripture about the priesthood.
- “The Priesthood” (May 1984 Friend) A crossword puzzle dealing with the priesthood.
- “Flannel Board Sunday Box” (June 2006 Friend) Create a Sunday box to fill with fun activities.
- “The Sabbath is a Delight” (October 2015 Friend) Make a mobile to remind you to keep the Sabbath Day holy.
Are these Come Follow Me / ideas useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!