Come Follow Me 12/20/2021 – Devotionals & FHE for Kids
If you find these Come Follow Me 12/20 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotional
You also should check out our Google Web Story about our devotionals!
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 12/20 for Kids
- Read through the document “The Living Christ.”
- What things stand out to each of you?
- Pick some key phrases and write them on a large piece of paper.
- As you talk about them, draw some pictures to represent what you learned.
Make a paper Christmas chain with some of Christ’s titles and the phrases you read.
Make Christmas Sour Cream Sugar Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 12/20 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 12/20: The last paragraph of The Living Christ
We bear testimony, as His duly ordained Apostles—that Jesus is the Living Christ, the immortal Son of God. He is the great King Immanuel, who stands today on the right hand of His Father. He is the light, the life, and the hope of the world. His way is the path that leads to happiness in this life and eternal life in the world to come. God be thanked for the matchless gift of His divine Son.
Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures. There are no tracing sheets this week.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 12/20 for kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 12/20 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 12/20:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 12/20 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 12/20
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 12/20
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
He Sent His Son (Children’s #34)
Luke 2:10–11, The Living Christ paragraphs 1-2
- What thoughts come to mind as you read these passages?
- What would you say in support of the statement that “no other has had so profound an influence [as Jesus Christ] upon all who have lived and will yet live upon the earth”?
How has Jesus influenced me?
Coloring Page: “Christmas Is about Jesus” (December 2019 Liahona and Friend)
Away in a Manger (Children’s #42)
The Living Christ paragraphs 3-5
- Paragraph 5 tells us about three times Jesus appeared after He was Resurrected.
- We learned about one of those visits earlier this year when we studied the First Vision.
- What do you remember about the First Vision?
- When Christ appears after His resurrection, He does it to teach people, like when He descended from heaven and visited the Nephites in America, and when He visited the 12 Apostles right after His death.
How has it blessed my life to know that Jesus was resurrected?
“Christmas Party” (December 2016 Friend)
Sleep, Little Jesus (Children’s #47)
The Living Christ paragraphs 6-11
- This year we learned so much about the restoration of the Priesthood.
- Which restored truths or principles have been especially meaningful to you?
- How the truths of the restored gospel help you know and worship Jesus Christ?
How has my life been blessed by the Restoration?
“Christmas Tree Matching” (December 2009 Friend)
Christmas Bells (Children’s #54)
The Living Christ paragraph 12
- Christmas is a time both to look back on the day Jesus Christ was born and to look forward to the day He will come again.
- What do you learn about His return from this paragraph?
How do I feel about the Second Coming?
“Make Your Own Manger” (December 2013 Friend). Make a manger out of a brown paper sack.
Picture a Christmas (Children’s #50)
The Living Christ paragraph 13
- In the final paragraph of “The Living Christ,” note the attributes and titles given for the Savior.
- How is Jesus the light of the world? The life? The hope?
- What other attributes or titles of the Savior mean the most to you?
- How has studying “The Living Christ” affected your faith in and love for the Savior?
How is Jesus the light, life, and hope for me?
“Christmas Music Quiz” (December 2004 Friend)
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 12/20
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 12/20:
Invite the children to share what they did this past week to celebrate the Savior’s birth.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 12/20
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 12/20 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 12/20:
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 12/20
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- For Parents of Little Ones: “Remembering Christ at Christmas” (December 2018 Friend). Activity ideas for helping young children remember Jesus during Christmastime.
- “An All-Star Christmas” (December 2018 Friend). Includes instructions for making two ornaments and recipes for star cookies and orange hot and cold chocolate.
- “Christmas Cards” (December 1971 Friend). Ideas for making different kinds of homemade Christmas cards.
- “The Christmas Pony” (December 2014 Friend). A coloring page and activity ideas go along with a story about young President Monson.
- “Christmas Puzzles” (December 2017 Friend). Includes three Christmas-themed word puzzles to figure out.
- Sing these songs from the Children’s hymnbook:
- Away in a Manger (#42)
- Christmas Bells (#54)
- Have a Very Merry Christmas! (#51)
- He Sent His Son (#34)
- Little Jesus (#39)
- Mary’s Lullaby (#44)
- Oh, Hush Thee, My Baby (#48)
- Once within a Lowly Stable (#41)
- Picture a Christmas (#50)
- Samuel Tells of the Baby Jesus (#36)
- Sleep, Little Jesus (#47)
- Stars Were Gleaming (#37)
- The Nativity Song (#52)
- The Shepherd’s Carol (#40b)
- There Was Starlight on the Hillside (#40a)
- When Joseph Went to Bethlehem (#38)
- Who Is the Child? (#46)
- “Funstuff: My Christmas List” (December 2014 Friend). Unscramble the words to learn what you can do to remember the Savior this season.
- “The Greatest Gift” (December 2007 Liahona and Friend). Cut out the ornaments and scriptures, glue the scriptures on the back of the ornaments to remind you how the ornament is a symbol of Christ.
- “Let’s Give Him a Handel” (December 2017 Friend). Fill in the blanks in these sentences from Handel’s Messiah using Bible verses.
- “Merry Christmas” (December 2013 Friend). A Christmas program that uses the letters of Merry Christmas to perform with your family or Primary.
- “Star of Bethlehem” (December 2007 Friend)
Are these Come Follow Me 12/20 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!