If you find these Come Follow Me 12/27 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotional
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 12/27 for Kids
- Talk about some of your favorite works of God.
- If possible go look at or experience them together.
- Why did God create all these things? (see verse 39.)
Draw pictures of the workmanship of God.
Make Sour Cream Sugar Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting and cut/decorate them as your favorite parts of creation.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 12/27 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 12/27: Moses 1:39
For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 12/27 for kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 12/27 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 12/27:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 12/27 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 12/27
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 12/27
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
- What does Moses learn about His relationship with God?
- We are all children of God. What does that say about us?
- How does knowing you are a child of God bless your life?
How should a child of God act?
- What do we learn about Satan in these verses?
- Satan is real. He lies to us and tries to trick us into making wrong choices.
- Sometimes it is hard to resist Satan’s temptations, but we can always choose. That is what agency is.
- What should we do when we are faced with temptations?
How can I choose the right?
- Moses asked Heavenly Father why He created so many things. What is the Lord’s answer?
- We learn in these verses that God’s work is to help us gain eternal life. What is eternal life?
- This helps us know that even when times are hard, we can trust that God is doing what is best for us.
- How do these truths change how we see the world around us?
What are my favorite things about the world?
Coloring page Moses Beheld the Earth
- We lived with Heavenly Father and Jesus before we were born.
- What do we learn in these verses about the pre-earth life?
- Foreordination means that we were given assignments and chosen for responsibilities; we choose whether or not we do this. Predestination would be if were were forced to do them and had no agency in this life.
How does knowing about foreordination help me make right choices?
- What do we learn in these verses about why the earth was created?
- How do we know what things God wants us to do?
How can I follow God’s commandments today?
Play Simon Says to practice following Heavenly Father.
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 12/27
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 12/27:
Consider ways that the learning that happened in your Primary class can encourage, support, or reinforce learning happening in the children’s homes. For example, you could invite the children to share this week’s activity page with their families.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 12/27
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 12/27 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 12/27:
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 12/27
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Read this illustrated explanation of how we received the Pearl of Great Price.
- Watch Video: Doctrine and Covenants Stories, “Chapter 38: The Pearl of Great Price”
- Worksheet Truths Restored in the Pearl of Great Price
- “A Child of God” (February 2005 Friend). This activity allows children to create faces with different eyes, noses, and mouths.
- “It’s Good to Be Me!” (November 2016 Friend). Heavenly Father made everyone different. Answer these questions to draw a picture that represents you.
- Read these stories from the Friend about children who struggled with temptation but overcame it to choose the right.
- “The Earth Was Created for You!” (February 2018 Friend). Find the words from each day of the Creation in this word search.
- Heavenly Father Has a Plan for Me coloring page
- “Our Beautiful World—Part of the Plan” (January 2005 Liahona and Friend). Draw a picture of yourself enjoying our beautiful world.
- Watch the video I Am a Son of God
Are these Come Follow Me 12/27 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!