If you find these Come Follow Me 12/5 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotional
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 12/5 for Kids
- Show your family some dirty clothes.
- How would you feel standing in front of an angel with dirty clothes?
- How is sin like having dirty clothes?
- What do these verses teach us about forgiveness?
Teach your family how to hand wash clothes or watch a video on how to do it.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 12/5 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 12/5: Malachi 4:5–6
Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:
And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 12/5 for kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 12/5 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 12/5:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 12/5 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 12/5
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 12/5
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
- After decades of captivity, a group of Israelites, probably including the prophets Haggai and Zechariah, were allowed to return to Jerusalem. Some in this group remembered what Jerusalem looked like before it was destroyed. Imagine their feelings as they saw the rubble that had once been their homes, their places of worship, and their temple.
- There were many important things to do to rebuild Jerusalem. But after roughly 15 years had passed since the Israelites’ return, the Lord was displeased that the rebuilding of the temple had not been given higher priority.
- What consequences did the Israelites face because they had not finished the temple?
- What blessings did the Lord promise them if they finished building His house?
- The Lord asks us to consider our ways, too. How can we make our priorities the same as the Lord’s?
What can I change today to be more like the Lord’s way?
- Watch“Provo City Center Temple Completed”
- Do we have something in our lives that might be like the work of rebuilding the temple that had been destroyed?
- How does the Lord rebuild us after tragedy or adversity?
What can I rebuild today?
- Sister Carol F. McConkie taught: “Holiness is making the choices that will keep the Holy Ghost as our guide. Holiness is setting aside our natural tendencies and becoming ‘a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord’ [Mosiah 3:19]. … Our hope for holiness is centered in Christ, in His mercy and His grace.”
- The prophet Zechariah urges the people to be more holy in these verses.
- What are the things the Lord asked Israel to do so He could make them holy?
- How is He helping you become more holy?
How can I be more holy today?
- These verses describe what life will be like in a future day when we all dwell with the Lord in a state of holiness.
- What might these descriptions have meant to those rebuilding Jerusalem in Zechariah’s time?
- What do they mean to you?
What do I look forward to most about the Second Coming?
- Several of Zechariah’s writings point to the earthly ministry of Jesus Christ and also His eventual Second Coming.
- What did you learn about the Savior as you studied these passages?
- Why is it important to you to understand these passages?
How can I prepare for the Second Coming?
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 12/5
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 12/5:
Invite the children to write down a truth they learned in class. Invite them to discuss with their families how they can gain a stronger testimony of that truth.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 12/5
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 12/5 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 12/5:
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 12/5
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Read or watch Terence M. Vinson, “True Disciples of the Savior,” Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2019, 9–11.
- Read or watch Gary E. Stevenson, “Sacred Homes, Sacred Temples,” Ensign, May 2009, 101–3
- Watch or read “Chapter 44: Return to Jerusalem“
- Fathers in the Bible worksheet
- Zechariah 4:6 Write the Bible Phrase Activity
- Haggai coloring page
- Rebuilding the temple coloring page
- Watch this video about Haggai
- Learn more about the Second Coming with these activities from the Friend.
Are these Come Follow Me 12/5 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!