Links on this website may be affiliate links. We are an Amazon affiliate, which means we will receive a small compensation for each purchase you make through our links at no extra cost to you.
Daily devotionals, Family Home Evening (FHE), and Sunday ideas for kids and young children that go with Come, Follow Me for 2/15/2021.
You also should check out our Google Web Story about our devotionals!
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 2/15 for Kids
- Read the scripture and show pictures (or actual examples if you have them) of the farming tools mentioned.
- Talk about what they are used for.
- How is the Lord’s work like a harvest?
- What can you do to participate?
Play a game together. Pit or Bonanza would be fun if you have them.
Any of these farm dessert ideas.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 2/15 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 2/15: Doctrine and Covenants 14:7
And, if you keep my commandments and endure to the end you shall have eternal life, which gift is the greatest of all the gifts of God.
Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 2/15 for kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 2/15 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 2/15:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 2/15 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 2/15
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 2/15
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
- This section was revelation for David Whitmer, who would later become one of the witnesses to the Gold Plates.
- David Whitmer and his family were farmers. They were friends of Oliver Cowdrey’s, and the Whitmers let them stay with them to translate when it was too dangerous at Joseph’s house.
- How does the Lord compare His work to the work of farmers?
How can I thrust in my sickle?
Draw a picture of wheat being harvested like this one and label the different parts.
- God’s word is quick, sharp, and powerful, like a two-edge sword. What does this mean?
- Read the following verses about God’s word, and discuss what they mean as well:
How can I listen to God’s word?
Blow up a balloon and write some of the analogies for God’s word on it. (Use a Sharpie and make sure it dries!) Then play “don’t let the balloon touch the floor” to keep God’s word from hitting the ground.
- What is eternal life? Why do you think it’s the greatest of all the gifts of God?
- How is eternal life different than immortality?
- resident Russell M. Nelson might help: “Under God’s great plan of happiness, families can be sealed in temples and be prepared to return to dwell in His holy presence forever. That is eternal life!”
What will eternal life be like?
- These two sections are almost the exact same, because John and Peter Whitmer both wanted to know what “would be of the most worth” in their lives.
- What was the answer?
- Why is bringing souls to Christ the greatest worth? How can we do that? Is it only missionary work?
How can I help someone come to Christ today?
“Let Your Light Shine” word search
Called to Serve (Children’s #249)
Doctrine and Covenants 17 (make sure to read the introduction)
- Martin Harris, Oliver Cowdrey, and David Whitmer were called to be the Three Witnesses to the Book of Mormon.
- What is a witness?
- Why does the Lord use witnesses in His work? (see 2 Corinthians 13:1).
- Mary Whitmer also received a witness of the gold plates. The angel Moroni showed them to her as an acknowledgment of the sacrifices she made while Joseph, Emma, and Oliver were living in her home.
- How does this apply to us?
How can I be a witness of the Book of Mormon?
“How Can I Gain a Testimony?” coloring page
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 2/15
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 2/15:
Invite the children to stand as a witness of something they learned in class today. Ask them to share how they did this in next week’s class.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 2/15
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me / Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you.
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 2/15:
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 2/15
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Watch the video Witnesses to the Gold Plates. Discuss why Heavenly Father calls witnesses.
- Watch the video “Endure to the End” to go along with D&C 14:7. Talk about what it means to endure to the end.
- “Love Is Spoken Here: Primary Songs about the Family” (February 2004 Friend). A fill-in-the-blank activity using words from Primary songs about the family.
- “Heavenly Father Has a Plan for His Children” (February 2014 Liahona and Friend). Look up each scripture and then glue it under the word on the step that helps us return back to Heavenly Father.
- “Heavenly Father Prepared a Way for Me to Return to Him” (January 2014 Liahona and Friend). Make a poster representing your path back to Heavenly Father.
- Read the Testimony of the Three Witnesses.
- “Together Forever” (February 2002 Liahona and Friend). Cut out and assemble this diorama depicting a family at the temple. Includes suggestions for things your family can do to be a forever family.
- Coloring Page: “I Can Be a Good Example” (August 2018 Liahona and Friend)
- Read Saints, 1:70–71 to learn more about Mary Whitmer as a witness.
- Read Saints, 1:73–75
Are these Come Follow Me 2/15 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!