You also should check out our Google Web Story about our devotionals!
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 2/22 for Kids
- Talk about the direction that the Lord gave to Martin Harris. Even though he obeyed, Martin lost a significant portion on his farm.
- What things are we asked to sacrifice, and what may we be asked to sacrifice?
- What are you willing to sacrifice for the Kingdom of God?
Do a show and tell of things that are the most valuable to each family member.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 2/22 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 2/22: Doctrine and Covenants 18:10, 15
Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God;
And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 2/22 for kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 2/22 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 2/22:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 2/22 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 2/22
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 2/22
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
Brightly Beams Our Father’s Mercy (Hymns #335) discuss the chorus
- None of us are perfect, and we need to repent to come to Christ.
- How does Heavenly Father feel when we repent? Why does He feel that way?
- Jesus loves us so much, that He died for us. Each of us, individually.
- How do we feel when we help others repent and come to Christ?
How can I bring souls to Christ this week?
Make paper snowflakes and talk about how each person is different, just like each snowflake is different, and those differences make us special to Heavenly Father.
- If someone asked you what the voice of the Lord is like, what would you say?
- What do these verses tell us about the voice of the Lord?
- How can we hear His voice better?
What can I do today to listen for the Lord’s voice?
Make paper cup phones.
- Jesus loves you so much, that He suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane to pay for all of your sins.
- Because we sin, we should be punished. That punishment is never living with God again and feeling sad for eternity.
- Jesus was perfect, so He took our punishments for us and felt all of those punishments in the Garden of Gethsemane. Because the price was paid, He can forgive us when we do what He asks.
- What do we learn about the Atonement in these verses?
How can I show Jesus that I am grateful for Him?
Put together this puzzle about the Atonement.
- This verse tells us to do several things:
- Learn of Christ
- Listen to His words
- Walk in His Spirit (meek means to be humble and teachable)
- How can we do each of these things?
- What blessing do we get?
What can I do today to obey this scripture?
Do this activity and draw pictures of something that gives you peace.
- When the Book of Mormon was finished being translated, there wasn’t enough money to pay to have it printed.
- Martin Harris mortgaged his farm to pay to print it. He wasn’t able to get the money back, so he ended up losing a lot of his land to pay the bank back.
- What does the Lord tell Martin in these verses?
- What have we had to sacrifice to follow the Lord? How can we make these sacrifices with rejoicing and gladness?
What can I do to be glad to follow Christ?
Go through toys and choose some to donate to children in need.
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 2/22
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 2/22:
Invite the children to think of someone who could be helped by what they learned from Doctrine and Covenants 18 or 19—for example, that we are all of great worth to God. Encourage them to plan how they will share what they learned with that person.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 2/22
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 2/22 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you.
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 2/22:
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 2/22
- Watch “Christ Suffered for All” with Elder Ballard about D&C 19
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Watch “The Worth of Souls” with President Monson about D&C 18
- Learn the song “How Great Shall Be Your Joy” by Janice Kapp Perry as a family
- “I Am a Child of God” (January 1989 Friend). Use scriptures to fill in this color-by-number sheet.
- Make this bookmark and put it in your scriptures
- Coloring page: “Jesus Loves Me” (May 2018 Friend)
- Print out these posters and hang them around the house to remind your family that you are loved
- Bright Idea Poster: Elder Claudio D. Zivic—“Our Heavenly Father is constantly saying, ‘I love you. I sustain you. I am with you. Do not give up.’” (August 2018 Friend)
- Bright Idea Poster: “I am a child of Heavenly Parents. They love me!” (March 2019 Friend)
- Bright Idea Poster: “No Matter What Anyone Says”(October 2015 Friend)
- “Heavenly Father Loves You” (February 2014 Friend)
- Bright Idea Poster: “You are not invisible to your Heavenly Father.” (February 2012 Friend)
- Bright Idea Poster: “You are strong. You are loved. The world is better because of you!” (September 2019 Friend)
- Do pushups for donuts to represent Christ suffereing for your sins
- Read “The Red Ticket” (Dec. 2017 Liahona and Friend) and talk about how it’s like Atonement.
- Take turns playing instruments while someone is talking. Discuss how you can’t hear their voice because it’s too loud. Talk about things in life that might keep you from hearing the Lord’s voice.
- Read these stories from the Friend about sacrifie and talk about them as a family.
- Watch or read “Chapter 51: Jesus Suffers in the Garden of Gethsemane,” New Testament Stories, 129–32
Are these Come Follow Me 2/22 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!