Links on this website may be affiliate links. We are an Amazon affiliate, which means we will receive a small compensation for each purchase you make through our links at no extra cost to you.
Daily devotionals, Family Home Evening (FHE), and Sunday ideas for kids and young children that go with Come, Follow Me for 2/8/2021.
You also should check out our Google Web Story about our devotionals!
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 2/8 for Kids
- Read chapter 13. Discuss who is talking.
- What can we do now that we have the Aaronic Priesthood again?
- You can also read Joseph Smith—History 1:68–74 that is from Joseph Smith’s perspective.
Draw pictures of what happened. You can reference the gospel art book to see other depictions.
Any of the candies based on these cute Etsy ideas.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 2/8 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 2/8: Doctrine and Covenants 12:8
And no one can assist in this work except he shall be humble and full of love, having faith, hope, and charity, being temperate in all things, whatsoever shall be entrusted to his care.
Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 2/8 for kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 2/8 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 2/8:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 2/8 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 2/8
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 2/8
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
Doctrine and Covenants 12 introduction
- Joseph Knight Sr. and his wife, Polly, met Joseph Smith when, as a 20-year-old, he began to work on their farm in Colesville, New York.
- Joseph Knight described him as the best worker he ever had.
- He believed Joseph Smith’s testimony about the gold plates and took Polly to visit Joseph Smith while he was translating the Book of Mormon at his home in Harmony, Pennsylvania. She immediately believed.
- For the rest of their lives, Joseph and Polly remained faithful to the restored gospel. More than 60 members of the Knight family joined and helped establish the Church in New York, Ohio, Missouri, Nauvoo, and eventually Salt Lake City.
How can I have faith like Joseph and Polly Knight?
- Joseph Knight wanted to know how he could help in the work of the Lord.
- The Lord answered in D&C 12. What was that answer?
What qualities can I work on today so I can assist in the Lord’s work?
- Who was John the Baptist? What did John the Baptist do?
- John had the Aaronic Priesthood, which is why Jesus went to him to be baptized.
- Without that Priesthood, baptisms would not be valid.
What can I do to prepare for baptism? (Or, What can I do to keep my baptismal covenants?
- Joseph and Oliver were translating the Book of Mormon and wanted to be baptized.
- They prayed about it, and John the Baptist appeared to give them the Aaronic Priesthood by the laying on of hands.
- Sister Carole M. Stephens, former counselor in the Relief Society General Presidency, taught: “Priesthood ordinances and covenants provide access to the fulness of the blessings promised to us by God, which are made possible by the Savior’s Atonement. They arm sons and daughters of God with power, God’s power, and provide us with the opportunity to receive eternal life”
What blessings do I receive from the Aaronic Priesthood?
- This is the blessing that John the Baptist gave Joseph and Oliver.
- How do you think Oliver and Joseph felt being called “fellow servants”?
- What are all of the keys (or parts) of the Aaronic Priesthood?
- Ministering of angels
- Gospel of repentance
- Baptism by immersion
How can I live worth of Priesthood blessings?
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 2/8
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 2/8:
If you don’t have time for the children to complete the activity page in class, consider sending copies home so the children can work on it with their families.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 2/8
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 2/8 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you.
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me /:
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 2/8
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Read “The Knight and Whitmer Families,” Revelations in Context, 20–24.
- Watch Video: Doctrine and Covenants Stories, “Chapter 6: Joseph and Oliver Are Given the Priesthood: May 1829”
- Show an item that needs a battery to work, and teach that, like the battery brings power to the item, the priesthood brings God’s power into our lives.
- Watch “Blessings of the Priesthood”
- “Blessings of the Priesthood Are Available to All” (October 2012 Liahona and Friend). Includes a fill-in-the blank activity and an activity to draw yourself into pictures of people receiving priesthood ordinances.
- Read “Joseph and Oliver Receive the Priesthood” (July 1984 Friend)
- Read “The Power and Authority of God” (July 2001 Friend)
- Coloring page: “We receive the ordinances of salvation through the priesthood.” (October 2012 Liahona and Friend)
- “Priesthood Hidden Scripture” (June 2004 Friend)
- Coloring page: “Jesus Christ Is Baptized” (February 2013 Friend)
- Watch Video: Bible Videos, “The Baptism of Jesus”
- Watch Video: New Testament Stories, “Chapter 10: Jesus Is Baptized”
- John the Baptist Spot the Differences
- Do these activities to celebrate the restoring of the Aaronic Priesthood
- Complete this Aaronic Priesthood puzzle activity
Are these Come Follow Me 2/8 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!