Come Follow Me 3/22/2021 – Devotionals & FHE for Kids
You also should check out our Google Web Story about our devotionals!
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 3/22 for Kids
- Watch the video “We Can Find Happiness”
- Christ wants us to be happy. What in these verses brings us joy?
- How does knowing God’s plan of salvation help us be happy?
- Can it help others that don’t know about it?
Sing a few of your favorite songs about the gospel.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 3/22 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 3/22: Doctrine and Covenants 29:10-11
For the hour is nigh, and that which was spoken by mine apostles must be fulfilled, for as they spoke so shall it come to pass;
For I will reveal myself from heaven with power and great glory, with all the hosts thereof, and dwell in righteousness with men on earth a thousand years, and the wicked shall not stand.
Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 3/22 for kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 3/22 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 3/22:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 3/22 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 3/22
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 3/22
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids. We like using them at church during sacrament meeting!
- Show the children this image of a hen gathering chickens.
- Jesus talks about how He will gather His people like a hen gathering chicks to protect them.
- This week, we are going to be talking about the last days and the Second Coming.
- Right now, we are called to gather Zion, which means we gather as stakes around the world.
- How does this help us be prepared for the things that will happen before the Second Coming? (We will talk more about those tribulations later this week.)
What can I do to strengthen my stake?
When He Comes Again (Children’s #82)
Doctrine and Covenants 29:9-13, 22-28
- The Savior is going to visit earth again. This is called the Second Coming.
- When He comes, the wicked will be destroyed and we will live in love and peace for 1,000 years called the Millennium.
- After the Millennium, everyone will be judged and will go to the different Kingdoms of Glory.
What can I do to prepare for the Second Coming?
“Jesus Christ Will Come Again!” booklet
The Day Dawn Is Breaking (Hymns #52)
Doctrine and Covenants 29:14-21
- No one knows when the Second Coming will be. But before the Second Coming, there will be signs that it is getting closer.
- The Lord told Joseph Smith what a lot of those signs will be. What did we read about?
- How do you feel about these signs? They seem a little scary, don’t they? Let’s read what the apostle Elder Ballard said about these signs: “My message to you, my young friends, is simply this: The Lord is in control. He knows the end from the beginning. He has given us adequate instruction that, if followed, will see us safely through any crisis. His purposes will be fulfilled, and someday we will understand the eternal reasons for all of these events.”
- We have a living prophet who will help guide us through these hard times. If we trust him and follow his counsel, we will be okay.
What can I do when I feel afraid of what is happening?
Read “Emergency Day Drill” and make sure you know where things are in your house in case of an emergency.
Pioneer Children Were Quick to Obey (Children’s #215, all verses)
Doctrine and Covenants 29:31–35
- The Lord told Joseph that in the last days, it would be important to be obedient.
- All commandments are spiritual, even if the commandments are about things on this earth (like having food storage or obeying parents when asked to do chores).
- Make a list of temporal commandments and list some of the spiritual principles about them.
What should I do when I don’t think a commandment is important?
“What Laws Mean” matching activity.
I Lived in Heaven (Children’s #4)
Doctrine and Covenants 29:36–50
- Who knows the story of Adam and Eve? When Eve ate the fruit, this was called The Fall.
- Many religions think it was a bad thing that Eve at the fruit. But they don’t understand that without the knowledge of good and evil, we wouldn’t be tested and tried and wouldn’t be able to return to live with Heavenly Father and Jesus again.
- We are redeemed (saved) from The Fall and our wrong choices because Jesus paid the punishment for our sins and died for us.
What blessings do I have because of The Fall?
Coloring Page: “Jesus Christ created the earth as a place where I can learn to choose the right.” (January 2012 Friend)
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 3/22
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 3/22:
Invite the children to write down a truth they learned in class. Ask for a few ideas of what they will do to share this truth with their families.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 3/22
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 3/22 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you.
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 3/22:
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 3/22
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Coloring Page: “To prepare for the Second Coming, I will follow Jesus Christ.” (December 2011 Friend)
- Read “The Second Coming of Jesus Christ” (July 1985 Friend).
- Read “The Second Coming” (December 2002 Liahona and Friend)
- Memorize the 10th Article of Faith.
- Solve the secret code for “Jesus Christ Will Come Again!” (December 2015 Liahona and Friend)
- Make the activity in “Sharing Time: What a Joyful Day” (December 2001 Friend)
- Read Elder Ballard’s words to children about how to not feel afraid of the Second Coming. “The Latter Days” (September 1995 Friend)
- Pretend you are in a situation similar to Sarah’s family in “Ready to Go!” (July 2007 Friend).
- Play the game “Keep the Commandments” (May 2012 Friend)
- Do the “Article of Faith 2” crossword puzzle
- Read “Heavenly Father and Jehovah Created the World” (Feb. 2010 Friend)
- Watch Video: Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 3: Adam and Eve”
- Make the booklet “Like Adam and Eve” (Feb. 2009 Liahona and Friend)
- Watch the video Chicks and Hens
- Fill out the Plan of Salvation page at the end of this chapter in the manual (you can also print it here.)
Are these Come Follow Me 3/22 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!
I just found you and love these devotionals you share. What is the best way to print the handwriting scriptures? It comes up small when I save it as a picture.
Hi! So glad you like them! Have you tried right-clicking and opening it in a new tab, and then printing it?