If you find these Come Follow Me 3/28 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotional
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 3/28 for Kids
- The lamb’s blood represents Christ’s sacrifice.
- What can we do to have symbols of Christ in our home?
- Try some bitter herbs (horseradish or parsley) and some unleavened bread (crackers or tortillas)
- Talk about those symbols as well and what they meant for the Israelites (captivity and haste) and what they may mean for us.
Print out pictures of the 15 prophets and apostles, plus any of the general presidencies (Relief Society, Bishopric, etc). Cut them out, then write the names of the leaders on separate pieces of paper that are the same size. Use these to play the game Memory and take turns flipping over pictures with names.
Choose some of these General Conference ideas as a family that you want to do this weekend and get them prepared. Eat some of what you prepare (like M&Ms, etc.).
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 3/28 for Kids
There is no scripture memorization this week; use the time to learn the names and faces of the prophets for General Conference.
Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures. You can download these tracing sheets as a PDF.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 3/28 for kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 3/28 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 3/28:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 3/28 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 3/28
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 3/28
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
- In the Joseph Smith-Translation, it says that Pharaoh hardened his own heart (the Lord did not cause it).
- Do we have times when our hearts are hard? How can we soften our hearts so we are aligned with God’s will?
What is something I can soften my heart about today?
Activities this week will be different in preparation for General Conference. We will do crafts related to the plagues of Egypt and the Passover next week.
For this week, use the same game you made for FHE. If you want to do something else, there are other activities to prepare you for Conference in 30+ FREE General Conference Activity Ideas for Kids & Preschoolers.
- Remember that Moses was raised in the palace, so he was friends with Pharaoh. How do you think Moses felt about this?
- Pharaoh only listened to the magicians and not to the Lord. He then promised the Israelites they could go, but then he didn’t keep his promise.
- What happened when he didn’t keep his word?
- What happens when we are dishonest?
- How are we blessed when we are honest?
How can I be a good example to others about following the Lord?
- How do you think the Israelites felt about Moses after he tells of the plagues and they really happen?
- How does the Lord show His power today?
- What things can we do to make sure we recognize His hand in all things?
How have I seen the power of the Lord this week?
- The only way for the Israelites to be spared from the tenth plague, described in Exodus 11:4–5, was to precisely follow the instructions the Lord gave to Moses in Exodus 12, a ritual known as the Passover.
- The Passover teaches us through symbols that just as the Lord delivered the Israelites from bondage in Egypt, He can also deliver us from the bondage of sin.
- What instructions and symbols in these verses are symbols of the Atonement?
Make a list of the symbols in the Passover and what parts of the Atonement they represent.
- The Savior wanted the Israelites to always remember that He had delivered them, even after their captivity became a distant memory.
- This is why He commanded them to observe the Passover feast each year.
- Today, we take the sacrament to represent our baptismal covenants. How is the Passover similar to the sacrament? How are they different?
What do I remember when I take the sacrament?
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 3/28
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 3/28:
Invite the children to share with their families something they learned about Jesus Christ during Primary today.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 3/28
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 3/28 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 3/28:
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 3/28
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Read or watch Chapter 16: The Prophet Moses
- Watch or read Chapter 17: The Passover
- 30+ FREE General Conference Activity Ideas for Kids & Preschoolers
- Watch the video “Always Remember Him”
Are these Come Follow Me 3/28 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!