You also should check out our Google Web Story about our devotionals!
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 4/12 for Kids
- Discuss what it means to be one (unified.)
- Why is it important to be one as a family? Can we all be different and still be unified?
- Make a poster with a big #1 on it. Have everyone write or draw things on it that you are unified about.
- What things do you want to be more unified about as a family?
Watch Love in Our Hearts
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 4/12 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 4/12: Doctrine & Covenants 38:39
And if ye seek the riches which it is the will of the Father to give unto you, ye shall be the richest of all people, for ye shall have the riches of eternity; … but beware of pride, lest ye become as the Nephites of old.
Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 4/12 for kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 4/12 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 4/12:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 4/12 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 4/12
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 4/12
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
- To the early Saints, the Church was more than a place to hear some preaching on Sunday.
- Many people were being persecuted, so the Lord told them to gather in Kirtland, Ohio. This was very far for some people, and difficult to do. (See this map at the end of this section in the CFM manual.)
- During this time, Joseph Smith was translating parts of the Bible. They had been translated incorrectly by men who were not prophets, so Joseph was working on them. Gathering Zion to Kirtland was so important, the Lord had Joseph stop translating so he could focus on the move.
- We aren’t asked to gather to a physical place now. Instead, we are asked to make Zion in our local stakes. How can we gather in our local congregations?
What can I do to strengthen my stake?
- It was very hard for many people to gather together in Ohio. But the Lord had great blessings for the people who were willing to sacrifice and make the journey.
- What are some of the blessings He promises in these verses?
- How can this help me when I am asked to do hard things?
How can I have faith in the Lord when He asks difficult things of me?
- The Saints had already faced much opposition, and the Lord knew more was coming.
- To help them not be afraid, He revealed a precious principle: “If ye are prepared ye shall not fear.”
- What challenges do we face in our lives? How can we prepare for them?
- What other things do we prepare for? (Mission, temple, baptism, etc.)
What is something I can prepare for now, and how can I prepare for it?
- What is the gospel? How can we follow the gospel?
- What are the blessings for following the gospel?
- How can I follow the gospel of Jesus Christ?
What can I improve in following the gospel today?
- James Covel was a saint who was baptized. What does the Lord say about him in section 39?
- After his baptism, James made wrong choices and left the Church. What does section 40 say about that?
- Even if we have strong testimonies, we can lose them if we are not careful, just like James Covel.
- When have our hearts been right before God? What blessings did we receive?
- What cares of the world do we have? How can we keep them from interfering with our testimonies?
What can I do to keep from falling away like James Covel?
“Obedience Brings Blessings” (May 2001 Friend) coloring page.
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 4/12
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 4/12:
Invite the children to discuss with their parents or other family members how they can be more united as a family.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 4/12
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 4/12 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you.
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 4/12:
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 4/12
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Read Church History Topics, “Joseph Smith Translation of the Bible
- Read the “Voices of the Restoration” from this week’s lesson
- Watch President Benson speak about pride.
- Read Saints, 1:109–11 aloud as a family.
- Look up these verses about trust and then complete the word search.
- Do this Trust God origami crown object lesson – it may take some practice by the adults in advance.
- Complete this “Article of Faith 4” (April 2011 Friend) worksheet to learn more about the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- “I Can Obey” (February 2017 Friend). Use the chart to decode the message and see what Joseph Smith said about obedience. Also includes a letter puzzle.
- Watch “A Secure Anchor”
- Watch “The Sting of the Scorpion”
- Learn the song Sheet Music: “Holding Hands around the World” (October 2003 Liahona and July 2002 Friend)
- “Where Do You Stand?” (June 2013 Friend). Take this quiz to see how you could become more loving to others.
- “‘Bean’ Kind” (October 2015 Friend). Use dried beans to see how far kindness can reach.
- Play “Kindness Flowers” (November 2019 Friend).
Are these Come Follow Me 4/12 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!