Come Follow Me 4/19/2021 – Devotionals & FHE for Kids
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotional
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 4/19 for Kids
- Read the scripture and then work on a puzzle together.
- Talk about how God reveals truths to us. (Little by little)
- Have a family member share an example of a time where they learned by this principle.
Finish the puzzle.
Puzzle cookies (decorate them however you want)
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 4/19 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 4/19: Doctrine and Covenants 42:11
Again I say unto you, that it shall not be given to any one to go forth to preach my gospel, or to build up my church, except he be ordained by some one who has authority, and it is known to the church that he has authority and has been regularly ordained by the heads of the church.
Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 4/19 for kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 4/19 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 4/19:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 4/19 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 4/19
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 4/19
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
I Want to Live the Gospel (Children’s #148) verse 2
- When Joseph Smith got to Kirtland to join the Saints who were gathering, he found many of them confused because they all came from different churches that had different rules (or laws).
- Joseph asked the Lord, and the Lord gave these sections to correct and clarify which laws he wanted his Saints to be following.
- What do these verses tell us about preparing to hear and follow God’s laws? How can that help me today?
What are some laws of God that He asks me to follow now?
Play Red Light, Green Light as a way to practice obeying right away.
Pioneer Children Were Quick to Obey (Children’s #215)
- This section was published in Kirtland’s newspaper in two parts, and it was called “The Law.” It is a very long section, so we are going to read one verse per principle the Lord taught.
- D&C 42:6 missionary work
- D&C 42:18, 21, 22, 27 several of the 10 commandments
- Doctrine & Covenants 42:30-31 helping the poor
- D&C 42:40–42 be humble and clean
How can I improve on obeying one of the principles we talked about today?
Make blessings bags to help the poor
I Pray in Faith (Children’s #14)
Doctrine and Covenants 42:43–52
- When we are sick, we can receive Priesthood blessings. Those blessings depend upon our faith.
- Just because we get a blessings, doesn’t mean that we will be healed immediately. Sometimes the Lord has other things for us to learn.
- What should we do for those who are ill?
How can increase my faith in Jesus Christ?
“Give,” Said the Little Stream (Children’s #236)
Doctrine and Covenants 42:30–42
- Today’s law is called the Law of Consecration. “Consecrate” means to set aside for a sacred reason.
- The Saints were asked to give all of their property to the Bishop. He would then give them back only what they needed, and all the extra was divided up among the needy members.
- How do you think the Saints felt about this law? Would it be easy or hard to follow? Why?
- We do it differently now, but we still live the Law of Consecration – we pay tithing and fast offerings.
How can I live the Law of Consecration now?
Coloring Page: “I’m Trying to Love My Neighbor” (October 2015 Friend)
Follow the Prophet (Children’s #110) last verse
Doctrine and Covenants 42:61, 65–68
Doctrine & Covenants 43:1–5
- These verses talk about revelation from Heavenly Father. The prophet is the only person who can receive revelation for the entire church.
- But we can receive personal revelation from Heavenly Father to know what we should do to apply the prophet’s words.
- This is called stewardship – you can’t receive revelation for someone that the Lord hasn’t put you in charge of. A bishop of another ward can’t give callings in a different ward, for example.
How can I know when I am receiving personal revelation?
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 4/19
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 4/19:
Invite the children to choose a law or commandment they feel they should focus on obeying this week. Encourage them to share their goal with their families.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 4/19
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 4/19 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you.
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 4/19:
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 4/19
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Watch D&C Video Chapter 18: The Law of the Church
- Play Simon Says as a way to practice obeying directions from the Lord (Simon) or the world.
- Watch the Mormon Messages video “Lift: The Power of Service” about caring for a woman every night
- Chocolate chip ghost story
- Watch President Uchtdorf “To Act in Holiness”
- Blindfold maze game
- Make blessings bags to help the homeless.
- Read these stories about Priesthood blessings.
- Watch Video: New Testament Stories, “Chapter 31: Jesus Heals a Deaf Man”
- Read or watch Linda K. Burton, “I Was a Stranger,” Ensign or Liahona, May 2016, 13–15;
- Watch Video: New Testament Stories, “Chapter 56: Peter Heals a Man”
- Read “The Law,” Revelations in Context, 93–95
- Oreos activity to learn about how the Holy Ghost speaks to us
- Listening to the Holy Ghost object lesson
- Read “All Things Must Be Done in Order,” Revelations in Context, 50–53
- Complete the “The Gift of the Holy Ghost” cards
Are these Come Follow Me 4/19 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!