Come Follow Me 4/26/2021 – Devotionals & FHE for Kids
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotional
You also should check out our Google Web Story about our devotionals!
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 4/26 for Kids
Doctrine and Covenants 45:9–10
- A standard is like a flag or banner.
- Why is a flag important?
- How is the gospel like a flag? What does it represent?
- If our family had a flag, what we put on it?
Make a family flag together with the things you talked about during the lesson.
Use berries to decorate a Puff Pastry Tart like your country’s flag
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 4/26 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 4/26: Doctrine and Covenants 45:32
But my disciples shall stand in holy places, and shall not be moved; but among the wicked, men shall lift up their voices and curse God and die.
Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 4/26 for kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 4/26 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 4/26:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 4/26 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 4/26
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 4/26
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
Help Us, O God, to Understand (Children’s, #73b)
- In these verses, Christ says He is our “advocate” with the Father. Do you know what an Advocate is?
- An advocate is like a lawyer – he speaks for you and stands up for you when you are being judged.
- We all make mistakes and sin. This means on Judgment Day, we won’t be able to go to the Celestial Kingdom.
- But Jesus died for our sins, and if we do what He asks us to do, then He can tell Heavenly Father that He paid the price for our sins and we were obedient, so we should be able to go live with Them.
- How does this make you feel, that He is the Advocate and He pleads for you? What things does He ask you to do?
How can I follow Christ better?
High on the Mountain Top (Hymns #5)
Doctrine and Covenants 45:9–10
- A standard was a banner or flag carried into battle. It rallied and unified soldiers and helped them know where to gather and what to do. Like Captain Moroni’s Title of Liberty
- A standard is also an example or rule that other things can be measured against.
- Read these My Gospel Standards
Which gospel standard can I work on? How can I improve?
Make a family standard banner and hang it where everyone can see,
The Tenth Article of Faith (Children’s #128b)
Doctrine and Covenants 45:11–15, 66–71
- The Saints in Joseph Smith’s time were eager to build Zion. Zion has always been a city where the saints dwelled. The prophet Enoch had a city that was a Zion, and it was so righteous, the Lord raised the city up to dwell with Him.
- What do you learn about Zion in these verses?
- Today the command to establish Zion refers to establishing God’s kingdom wherever we live. How can we do that?
What can I do to help build Zion?
I Love to See the Temple (Children’s #95)
Doctrine and Covenants 45:31–32, 56–57
- What do you remember about the 10 virgins parable? They were preparing for the Lord’s coming.
- The Lord tells us to stand in holy places to prepare for His coming. What are some holy places?
- He also says to not be moved, but sometimes we have to go places that don’t feel holy, like school. How can we still stand in holy places even when it doesn’t seem like a holy place?
How can I make my home a holy place?
When He Comes Again (Children’s #82)
Doctrine and Covenants 45:33-55
- We talked the other week about the signs of the last days, and how some of them might be scary.
- These verses tell us that we shouldn’t be troubled, because all of the Lord’s promises will be fulfilled. What are some of those promises?
- This week we talked about some of those promises, like Zion. How does these promises make you feel?
What can I do to be ready for the Second Coming?
“Jesus Christ Will Come Again” message
or if your children don’t know multiplication yet – Second Coming coloring page
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 4/26
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 4/26:
Invite the children to think of one thing they learned during class that they can share with their families. Ask a few of them to share with the class what they want to share at home.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 4/26
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 4/26 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you.
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 4/26:
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 4/26
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Listen to the EFY song “Stand in Holy Places” and discuss the lyrics
- Watch President Monson talk about standing in holy places.
- Listen to this song “Stand in Holy Places” (different from the one above)
- Watch “The Mediator” to learn about how Christ is our advocate with the Father.
- Discuss the My Gospel Standards and talk about how you can improve.
- Build this simple 3D temple to remind you to stand in holy places
- “The City of Enoch” (April 2002 Friend). Create a moving picture to use in telling the story of the city of Enoch being taken up to heaven.
- Watch Video: Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 5: Enoch”
- Read the lyrics for these hymns about Zion and discuss what you learn:
- Adam-ondi-Ahman (#49)
- Arise, O Glorious Zion (#40)
- Beautiful Zion, Built Above (#44)
- Come, All Ye Saints of Zion (#38)
- Glorious Things Are Sung of Zion (#48)
- Hail to the Brightness of Zion’s Glad Morning! (#42)
- Israel, Israel, God Is Calling (Hymns #7)
- Let Zion in Her Beauty Rise (#41)
- Lo, the Mighty God Appearing! (#55)
- O Saints of Zion (#39)
- Up, Awake, Ye Defenders of Zion (#248)
- We Will Sing of Zion (#47)
- Zion Stands with Hills Surrounded (#43)
- Do these Second Coming activities
- Make this I Know Jesus Will Come Again booklet
Are these Come Follow Me 4/26 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!