You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotional
You also should check out our Google Web Story about our devotionals!
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 4/5 for Kids
- What were some of the blessings that Thomas Marsh was promised because of his mission?
- Have those in the family who have served missions to share some of the blessings they have received as a result of their missionary service.
- Share some examples of blessings you have seen by doing missionary work (not as a full time missionary)
- If you can’t think of any examples to the two above prompts, make some plans to share to gain some!
Look at some missionary photos from friends or family members.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 4/5 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 4/5: D&C 30:5
And your whole labor shall be in Zion, with all your soul, from henceforth; yea, you shall ever open your mouth in my cause, not fearing what man can do, for I am with you. Amen.
Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 4/5 for kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 4/5 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 4/5:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 4/5 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 4/5
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 4/5
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
I Hope They Call Me on a Mission (Children’s #169)
- Whether or not you have a formal calling as a missionary, the Lord wants you to share His gospel.
- This week, we will study about the Lord calling early Saints to be missionaries.
- These words also apply to us and our responsibility to share the gospel.
What did we read today that stands out to me?
“I’ll Go Where You Want Me to Go” (Hymn #270)
- Brother Marsh was worried about his family if he were to go away for a mission. What did the Lord say?
- Sometimes we worry about our families when the Lord asks us to do hard things. How does what He said to Brother Marsh apply to us?
How can I help my family in their callings?
- “You Found Me, Bishop” (January 2014 Friend). Activities to go along with a story about President Monson as a young bishop.
- Parley P. Pratt had been a member of the Church for about a month when he was called “into the wilderness” to preach the gospel.
- Orson Pratt, Edward Partridge, and many others had likewise barely been baptized when their mission calls came.
- If you know enough to accept the restored gospel by baptism, you know enough to share it with others.
- Each of them had different types of assignments and callings – none were more important than another.
- How does this apply to us?
What can I do to share the gospel in my own way?
“The Gospel Will Be Preached in All the World”(September 2011 Liahona and Friend). Memory game.
The Wise Man and the Foolish Man (Children’s #281)
- This section was addressed to Northrop Sweet and Ezra Thayer, two recent converts.
- Northrop left the Church soon after this revelation was given. Ezra served faithfully for some time, but he also eventually fell away.
- What does the Lord say about building firmly on His rock? (verse 13)
What can I do to remain faithful to the Lord?
- When Oliver Cowdery, Peter Whitmer Jr., Parley P. Pratt, and Ziba Peterson set out to preach to the American Indians west of Missouri, they believed they were fulfilling Book of Mormon prophecies about the Lamanites receiving the gospel in the latter days.
- And yet by the end of their mission, even though they had positive encounters with some groups, they had not baptized a single American Indian.
- But they had baptized over a hundred people near Kirtland, Ohio, where they had stopped along the way to Missouri. Among those converts were future influential Church leaders, including Sidney Rigdon, and Kirtland later became an important gathering place for the Church.
- What does this experience teach you about how the Lord accomplishes His work?
What should I do if I feel like I’ve failed at something?
Print out these missionary preparation bookmarks. Color the back and laminate them.
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 4/5
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 4/5:
Invite the children to be like missionaries by sharing with their families something they learned in Primary today.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 4/5
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 4/5 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you.
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 4/5:
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 4/5
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Read “The Faith and Fall of Thomas Marsh,” “Ezra Thayer: From Skeptic to Believer,” “Orson Pratt’s Call to Serve,” Revelations in Context, 54–69.
- Read The Voices of the Restoration section in the Come Follow Me manual for this week.
- Do The Wise Man and the Foolish Man object lesson.
- Read “A Mission to the Lamanites,” Revelations in Context, 45–49
- Watch Testimony of Truth, a 3 minute video of Elder Uchtdorf
- Play The Lost Sheep singing time game
- Complete the “Preparing for a Mission” activity (October 2007 Friend). Draw a circle around the pictures of activities that you are already doing to prepare for a mission. Then choose one activity you would like to start doing.
- Watch Chapter 12: Samuel Smith’s Mission (June 1830)
- Play Pin the Tag on the Missionary
- Watch Chapter 15: A Mission to the Lamanites
- Play “Missionary Basketball”
Are these Come Follow Me 4/5 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!