You also should check out our Google Web Story about our devotionals!
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 5/10 for Kids
- Look at this image of Christ and a sheep.
- How do you know that Jesus loves the sheep?
- How is the Savior like a shepherd to us?
- What part of the scripture gives us this image?
- What do the sheep need to do?
Take turns pretending to be a shepherd and his/her sheep.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 5/10 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 5/10: Doctrine and Covenants 49:15–17
And again, verily I say unto you, that whoso forbiddeth to marry is not ordained of God, for marriage is ordained of God unto man.
Wherefore, it is lawful that he should have one wife, and they twain shall be one flesh, and all this that the earth might answer the end of its creation;
And that it might be filled with the measure of man, according to his creation before the world was made.
Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 5/10 for kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 5/10 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 5/10:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 5/10 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 5/10
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 5/10
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
- There was a man nameed Lemon Copley who had been part of a different church called the Shakers.
- The Shakers had many false teachings, like that the Second Coming had already happened and Jesus was a woman. They didn’t believe in baptism by immersion, wouldn’t eat meat, and refused to marry.
- What does the Lord say about these teachings?
How can knowing the truth help me guard against false teachings?
I Love to See the Temple (Children’s #95) especially verse 2
- Some of the Shakers said that people shouldn’t marry. What do we learn about marriage in these verses? It needs to be between one man and one woman.
- Elder Bednar gave two reasons: 1) because men and women complete each other, and 2) both are needed for children.
- The world tries to confuse this issue. This is one reason why the Lord called a prophet for our time.
What can I do now to prepare to be a good husband/wife?
“Preparing for the Temple” (August 2012 Friend) hidden objects.
- Oliver Cowdrey was told to go to the Shakers and share this revelation with them. How would you feel having to go tell people they were wrong?
- What does the Lord tell Oliver about his fear?
- What does it mean that He goes before you and in your rearword and midst.
- How do you think that Oliver felt when he heard this revelation?
- Have you had times when you’ve felt the Lord with you?
What do I need to do to have the Lord with me? (v. 26)
Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego coloring page – the Lord is with us in difficult times.
- Many members of the Church were confused because they didn’t know how to tell if what people were saying was true or not (like the Shakers).
- The Lord taught that it was important for people to be good learners and good teachers. What are some of those characteristics we read about?
What can I do to improve as a learner?
Draw a picture of a teacher and a learner. Next to each, write words/phrases that apply to each based on what we learned.
- Some churches at that time had people speak in strange languages or shout or faint, claiming it was the Holy Ghost.
- Most of these were Satan’s imitations trying to fool people. What does the Lord tell us about how to recognize the Spirit?
How does the Holy Ghost feel to me?
Coloring page: “I choose to fill my life with things that invite the Spirit” (August 2012 Friend)
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 5/10
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 5/10:
Prepare a note for each child with these words: Ask me about . Let the children fill in the blank with something they learned in class (give them help if needed) and pin the note to their clothes to prompt a discussion at home.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 5/10
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 5/10 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you.
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 5/10:
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 5/10
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- “Graham-Cracker Temples” (August 2019 Friend). Use graham crackers and icing to make model temples.
- “I Love to See the Temple” (September 2019 Friend). A booklet to color and cut out with the words of the song “I Love to See the Temple.”
- “Journey to the Temple” (September 2005 Friend). A board game that tests your righteous choices.
- Print this picture of the Savior and cut it out. Then make this craft, backed by pospsicle sticks.
- Make this Jesus Loves the Children fingerprint craft
- “Inviting the Spirit” (March 2012 Liahona and Friend). Try these different ways of inviting the Spirit into your life. Then color the pictures.
- “Butterfly Wings” (May 2009 Friend). An action rhyme describing what butterflies teach us about reverence..
- Several coloring pages about reverence.
- Listen to the song If I Listen with My Heart and discuss the lyrics
- Names of the Holy Ghost look up scriptures and do the word search.
- The Holy Ghost Testifies of the Truth of All Things. Make a Liahona.
- The Still Small Voice fill-in-the-blank
- Armor of God Belt of Truth object lesson
- Make a Belt of Truth from construction paper.
- Holy Spirit pinwheel craft
- Look at the Mormonad Collection: “Temptation and Sin” and talk about different ways Satan tries to trick us.
Are these Come Follow Me 5/10 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!