You also should check out our Google Web Story about our devotionals!
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 5/24 for Kids
- What does is it mean to confess God’s hand in all things?
- Go for a walk together and talk about how you see God in the things around you.
- How have you seen God in your own life?
Draw pictures of some of the things that remind you of God.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 5/24 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 5/24: Doctrine and Covenants 58:26-27
For behold, it is not meet that I should command in all things; for he that is compelled in all things, the same is a slothful and not a wise servant; wherefore he receiveth no reward.
Verily I say, men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness;
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 5/24 for kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me / devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 5/24:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 5/24 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 5/24
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 5/24
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
- The Saints were going to Jackson County, Missouri. They had many trials there and in a few years were kicked out.
- What does the Lord say in these verses about trials?
- What blessings does He promise those who have trials and endure them well?
- Why do you think some blessings only come after tribulation?
- What trials do we have?
What can I do when I have a difficult trial?
- What does it mean to be “anxiously engaged in a good cause”? What does “slothful” mean?
- What does God expect of us when we know what He wants us to do?
- How does being anxiously engaged affect our blessings?
- How can we be more obedient without being told?
What can I do without being told by my parents?
“I Can Obey” (February 2017 Friend) secret message
- What does the Lord tell us about repentance in these verses?
- How do you feel about repentance?
- How can we truly repent? What does “forsake” mean?
- What blessings come from repentance?
How do I repent when I do something wrong?
- These verses are about keeping the Sabbath day holy.
- What does the Lord say about the Sabbath and its importance?
- How can we keep the Sabbath day more holy? Get ideas at “Bulletin Board: Sabbath-day Activities” (April 2012 Friend)
What can I do to make Sunday special in my home?
- What does it mean to confess God’s hand in all things?
- How can I show God my gratitude?
- What are the things that I am grateful for?
What am I grateful for?
“The Choice to Be Grateful” (December 2011 Liahona) hidden images page at the end.
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 5/24
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 5/24:
Invite the children to share with their family something they can do to keep the Sabbath day holy.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 5/24
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 5/24 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you.
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 5/24:
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 5/24
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Read “Trouble in Adventure Forest” (April 2018 Friend). Talk about why God doesn’t stop bad things from happening.
- Read “Challenges in Missouri” (July 2013 Liahona and Friend) and discuss the trials the early Saints went through in Missouri.
- “Repentance and the Atonement” (March 2004 Liahona and Friend. Create a booklet showing ways Jesus showed obedience to remind you to follow His example.
- Read “Lost in a Blizzard” (January 2004 Friend). Danny learns the importance of obedience when he disobeys his father and gets lost in a blizzard.
- Play Simon Says to practice being obedient.
- Make a list of chores that family members should do without havingto be reminded. Set goals to do better.
- Read or watch Chapter 22: Saints Begin to Settle in Missouri: July–August 1831.
- Watch “Upon My Holy Day” where Elder Holland talks about keeping the Sabbath Day holy.
- “What Is Repentance?” (January 2012 Friend). A puzzle that uses the scriptures to define repentance.
- Learn the steps of repentance by reading these scriptures and matching the shoe with the correct stone.
- “Flannel Board Sunday Box” (June 2006 Friend). Create a Sunday box to fill with fun activities. Get ideas for what to put in the box from “Sunday Box” (July 2015 Friend). Or instead of a box, you can make a “Sunday Can” (November 2006 Friend).
- Play “More than Just Quietly Sitting” (October 2016 Friend). A matching game with pictures of children and how they made changes to be more reverent.
- “Remembering Jesus Christ during the Sacrament”(June 2007 Liahona and Friend). Make this craft to know what to think about during the sacrament.
- “A Box of Blessings” (August 2013 Friend). You can make this gratitude journal box to record how Heavenly Father blesses you.
- “Grow a Family Gratitude Tree” (November 2018 Friend). Make a family gratitude tree by writing things you are grateful for on paper leaves. Then do this hidden images “Gratitude Tree” (November 2017 Friend).
- “A Prophet’s Counsel” (November 2012 Friend). Decode a hidden message to find out what President Monson said about being grateful for our blessings.
Are these Come Follow Me 5/24 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!