Come Follow Me 6/21/2021 – Devotionals & FHE for Kids
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotional
You also should check out our Google Web Story about our devotionals!
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 6/21 for Kids
21. Come, Listen to a Prophet’s Voice
- Prophets and apostles, when they speak as directed by the Holy Ghost, are giving us modern-day scripture.
- Why do you think that may be important?
- Where can we find hear/read it?
- Talk about some direction that has been given recently from the prophet or apostles that has an impact on your family.
Look though old copies of general conference and find a talk you think might be good to study this week.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 6/21 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 6/21: Doctrine and Covenants 68:6
Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come.
Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures. You can download these tracing sheets as a PDF.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 6/21 for kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 6/21 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 6/21:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 6/21 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 6/21
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 6/21
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
We Listen to a Prophet’s Voice (Hymns #22)
- The decision to publish the revelations received by Joseph Smith seems like an easy one, but some early Church leaders weren’t sure it was a good idea. One concern had to do with imperfections in the language Joseph Smith used to write the revelations. The revelation in section 67 came in response to that concern.
- What do you learn about prophets and revelation from verses 1–9?
- How can we follow the prophet’s voice today?
What is something I can do today to follow the prophet?
Play Simon Says to practice following the prophet.
I Hope They Call Me on a Mission (Children’s #169)
- The words in these verses were spoken as Orson Hyde and others were called to be missionaries.
- How might the declaration in verse 4 help someone who is being sent to preach the gospel?
- How do these words apply to me?
- We need to listen to the Holy Ghost to know what to say and who to say it to.
How can I share the gospel with someone today?
Love Is Spoken Here (Children’s #190)
Doctrine and Covenants 68:25–28
- Parents are responsible for teaching their children the gospel while they are young.
- According to Doctrine and Covenants 68:25–28, what are some of the “basic gospel doctrines” that parents should teach their children?
How can I better listen to my parents when they teach me?
- “We Do Not Doubt” (March 2010 Liahona and Friend). A dot-to-dot showing a mother teaching a future stripling warrior to pray.
Do As I’m Doing (Children’s #276)
- Oliver Cowdery was sent to Missouri with written copies of the Prophet’s revelations to be printed, along with money to help build the Church there. What counsel did the Lord give in verse 1 about Oliver’s journey?
- Why is it important to be with people “who will be true and faithful”?
- Have you had friends who have been good or bad influences?
- How can you be a good influence on your friends?
What can I do today to be a good example to someone else?
“Finding a Friend” (August 2013 Friend) hidden picture
Dare to Do Right (Children’s #158)
Doctrine and Covenants 70:1–13
- The Lord gave certain elders the responsibility to oversee the publishing of the revelations.
- We aren’t given responsibility over the revelations, but we are responsible for obeying them once we have read them.
- On the last day (which means on Judgment Day), we will have to give Heavenly Father and Jesus a report on what we did with the things we were responsible for. What do you think that will be like?
- What kinds of things are we responsible for?
What is one thing I can be better about today?
Learn a new skill – like taking care of a pet,
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 6/21
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 6/21:
Invite the children to explain to someone at home what the Doctrine and Covenants is, where it came from, and why it is important to them.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 6/21
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 6/21 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you.
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 6/21:
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 6/21
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Read together (or try to memorize) The Family: A Proclamation to the World
- Sing the song “Follow the Prophet” and act out the different stories.
- Read any of President Nelson’s talks from the last General Conference.
- Look at the Image Collection: First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles and try to memorize the names with their faces.
- Before the Book of Commandments was printed, several Church leaders signed a written testimony that the revelations in the book are true. Read a copy of their testimony: “Testimony, circa 2 November 1831.”
- Write your testimony in a Book of Mormon and pray about who you should give it to.
- Read or listen to “A Sin-Resistant Generation,” Ensign or Liahona, May 2017, 88.
- Read or listen to “Parents: The Prime Gospel Teachers of Their Children,” Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2014, 32–34.
- Play “CTR Game: Friendship” (August 2012 Liahona and Friend)
- “Sharing Time: My Home and Neighborhood” (September 1992 Liahona and Friend). Includes a game that shows good and bad neighborhood activities as you land on the spaces.
- “Love Notes for Mom” (May 2016 Friend). Make this booklet to show your mom or someone else how much you love them.
- “Honoring Parents” (May 2004 Friend). Includes activity for interviewing parents to learn more about them.
- “Sharing Time: We Grow To Be Like Our Parents” (April 1984 Friend). Color puzzle pieces and match items with what they will grow up to be.
- Make a chores chart to help children keep track of their responsibilities.
- “All Aboard the Friend Ship!” (February 2015 Friend). We can follow Jesus’ example and be a good friend to others. Here’s a game you can play with friends.
- Read Saints, 1:140–43 or
- Watch or read “Chapter 23: The Doctrine and Covenants”
Are these Come Follow Me 6/21 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!
The link meant for the tracing pages actually takes you to a recipe. I’d love to be able to print the scripture tracing!
Sorry about that!! Copy/paste error!! I just fixed it. Let me know if you still have issues!