You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotional
You also should check out our Google Web Story about our devotionals!
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 7/12 for Kids
- Have everyone draw pictures of that they are thankful for.
- How do you express this gratitude towards God?
- Can you do more? How?
- What blessings does God promise those who receive things with thankfulness?
Write a thank you letter to God.
Homemade conversation hearts to write love letters to each other
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 7/12 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 7/12: Doctrine and Covenants 78:7
For if you will that I give unto you a place in the celestial world, you must prepare yourselves by doing the things which I have commanded you and required of you.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 7/12 for kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 7/12 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 7/12:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 7/12 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 7/12
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 7/12
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
As I Search the Holy Scriptures (Hymns #277) especially verse 2
- Joseph Smith was still translating the BIble. The last book is called the book of Revelation.
- Revelation talks about the Last Days and the Second Coming, but it uses a lot of symbols.
- This section is the Lord answering questions about different parts of Revelation.
- The Lord will answer our questions if we search the scriptures and go to Him for answers.
What is a question I have for the Lord?
Make prayer hands from paper. Instead of using these printables, you can write your own ideas.
- It had been less than 2 years since the Church was established, and it already had over 2,000 members.
- In March 1832 Joseph Smith met with other Church leaders “to discuss Church business”: the need to publish revelations, purchase land to gather on, and care for the poor.
- To meet these needs, the Lord called on a small number of Church leaders to form the United Firm, a group that would join their efforts to “advance the cause” of the Lord.
- But even though these were temporal things (of this world), the Lord also taught them that the purpose of His Kingdom on earth is to prepare people for the Celestial Kingdom.
- How we take care of our worldly possessions shows Heavenly Father we can be responsible.
How can I take better care of the things I’m in charge of?
- The Lord told Joseph Smith and other Church leaders that managing a storehouse and a printing press would help “advance the cause, which ye have espoused.”
- What do you think “advance the cause” means? It means to help do its purpose.
- What is the Church’s purpose?
- We also have purposes and responsibilities in the Church, in school, and in our families. What are some of these?
How can I advance one of my causes today?
“Showing Respect” (July 2012 Friend)
- In these verses, Heavenly Father is talking to adults like Joseph Smith. But he tells them they were like little children! Why?
- Sometimes kids don’t understand all the rules, but they trust their parents to help them make right choices. Heavenly Father is the same way. Even grown-ups don’t always understand why Heavenly Father does certain things.
- Even when things get hard, the Lord wants us to be of good cheer and to count our blessings.
What am I grateful for?
Make thank-you notes. “Be a Sunbeam for Jesus” (June 2010 Liahona and Friend)
- More people were called to be missionaries in these verses. In Section 80, they were told they could go wherever they chose to preach the gospel!
- Elder David A. Bednar taught, “Perhaps one of the lessons the Savior is teaching us in this revelation is that an assignment to labor in a specific place is essential and important but secondary to a call to the work.”
- With missions and church callings, it’s more important for us to do the work than it is to be in an important place or calling.
How can I help my family members in their callings?
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 7/12
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 7/12:
Consider contacting the parents of the children you teach and suggesting a question they could ask their children about something they learned in class.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 7/12
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 7/12 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you.
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 7/12:
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 7/12
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Read “Newel K. Whitney and the United Firm,” Revelations in Context, 142–47
- Look up “United Firm,” Church History Topics
- Read “Called to the Work,” Ensign or Liahona, May 2017, 68).
- Make a prayer jar to help improve your prayers.
- Come up with some questions that the children might have that they want to know. Set goals to ask those questions in your prayers as a family. Read “No Answer” (June 2005 Friend).
- Complete this prayer puzzle
- Read “Matt and Mandy” (October 2012 Friend)
- Make a family “Gratitude Tree” (November 2013 Friend) and fill it out throughout the week.
- Watch “Think to Thank“
- Translate the secret code to learn about gratitude. “Thankfulness” (November 2008 Friend)
- “A House of Order” (March 2009 Friend). Find hidden objects in this picture of children fulfilling their family responsibilities.
- Watch “Chapter 27: The Prophet Continues His Work Despite Persecution” (Doctrine and Covenants Stories, 104).
- Watch “Chapter 28: The Prophet Joseph Goes to Missouri Again” (Doctrine and Covenants Stories, 108).
- “A Happy Home” (November 2009 Friend). Build a house and think about ways to make a happy home. Set goals as a family to do some of these things.
- “Key to Happiness” (September 2012 Friend). Color in the O’s to reveal a hidden message about happiness.
- Mad Libs “How to Get Chores Done Faster!” (August 2019 Friend)..
Are these Come Follow Me 7/12 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!