Come Follow Me 7/19/2021 – Devotionals & FHE for Kids
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotional
You also should check out our Google Web Story about our devotionals!
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 7/19 for Kids
- Take turns sharing time when you were in need of succor or help.
- Was someone there to help you when you were weak?
- Watch the video “The Miracle of the Roof” and discuss how these people served each other.
- How can we better serve others that need help?
Everyone writes down 1 thing they think the family can do to serve others. Pick one and do it this week.
Make ranger cookies to give to someone in need of service.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 7/19 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 7/19: Doctrine and Covenants 82:3, 10
For of him unto whom much is given much is required; and he who sins against the greater light shall receive the greater condemnation.
I, the Lord, am bound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise.
Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures. You can download these tracing sheets as a PDF.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 7/19 for kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 7/19 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 7/19:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 7/19 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 7/19
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 7/19
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
“Give,” Said the Little Stream (Children’s #236)
- In March 1832, the Lord called Jesse Gause to be a counselor to Joseph Smith in the Presidency of the High Priesthood (now called the First Presidency). Doctrine and Covenants 81 is a revelation to Brother Gause, instructing him in his new calling and promising him blessings for serving faithfully. But Jesse Gause did not serve faithfully. So Frederick G. Williams was called to replace him, and Brother Gause’s name was replaced with Brother Williams’s name in the revelation.
- Most of the revelations in the Doctrine and Covenants are addressed to specific people, but we can always seek ways to apply them to ourselves.
- What is Brother Williams told to do in this revelation? How can I apply it to me?
Who is someone I can help succor?
Choose one of these 11 Activities to Teach your Kids About Kindness
Help Me, Dear Father (Children’s #99)
- What do we learn about sin and forgiveness in these verses?
- The more we know, the bigger the problem is if we don’t listen and obey. If someone breaks a rule but they didn’t know it was the rule, that’s different than breaking a rule when you knew it was a rule.
- How can we apply these things to ourselves?
Who can I ask forgiveness from?
Doctrine and Covenants 82:8–10, Doctrine and Covenants 130:20–21
- Sometimes it seems like the Lord gives us a lot of commandments.
- What do these verses tell us about that?
- When the Lord makes a promise, He has to keep it. If we want His blessings, we have to be righteous.
What are some commandments that I can do better at keeping?
“Keep the Commandments” (May 2012 Friend)
I’ll Walk with You (Children’s #140)
- In these verses, the Lord is still teaching the Church leaders about the United Firm.
- What do you think the most important principle is in these verses?
- How can we “seek the interest of our neighbor”? What does it mean? Who is my neighbor?
- What are my talents? How can I use them to help others?
How can I seek the interest of my family members?
Act out the poem “My Talents” (September 2018 Friend)
Go the Second Mile (Children’s #167)
- In April 1832, as instructed by the Lord, Joseph Smith traveled nearly 800 miles to visit the Saints who had gathered in Missouri.
- One community he visited included widows who were raising their children alone. At this time, women were not really allowed to do much with their own property.
- A widow is a woman whose husband has died. An orphan is a child who doesn’t have any parents. How would you feel in this situation?
- How does the Lord feel about widows and orphans?
Who is someone that is lonely who I could help?
Sort through toys and choose some to donate to an orphange or foster care center.
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 7/19
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 7/19:
Invite the children to think of how they would like to serve someone in their family this week. During next week’s lesson, let them share what they did.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 7/19
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 7/19 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you.
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 7/:19
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 7/19
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Watch “Pass It On” about serving others.
- Watch “Dominoes” about how our actions cause other actions.
- Read or watch Carole M. Stephens, “If Ye Love Me, Keep My Commandments,” Ensign November 2015.
- Watch the full-length movie “Pay It Forward”
- Watch “Works of God”
- Put on a family talent show. Invite a neighbor or friend who may be feeling lonesome.
- Abinadi and the 10 Commandments crossword puzzle
- “The Ten Commandments” (September 2017 Friend). A wordsearch with words from the Ten Commandments.
- Print this Poster: “I Can Choose the Right” (June 2019 Liahona and Friend) or make your own that you can hang to help you remember to choose to follow the commandments.
- Finish the Choose the Right Poem
- Forgiveness coloring sheet
- “Learning from Mistakes” (July 2012 Liahona and Friend). Put in order the sequence of events leading to repentance.
- “Following Jesus” (May 2013 Friend). Three challenges that help us choose to forgive.
- “Dear Parents and Teachers” (February 2014 Friend). How to use the poem: “Pockets Full of Rocks” as an activity.
- Read these stories from the Friend about forgiveness.
- Do some of these fun activities about temptation.
- Coloring Page: “I Can Share with Others” (July 2018 Liahona and Friend)
- Read “Adam’s Big Green Cast” . Then on slips of paper, write down examples of people who need help, like “Your neighbor is sick” or “Your friend is sad.” Have everyone leave while you hide the papers around the room. Call everyone back, and let the search begin! When someone finds a card, have them say how they would help that person. When all the papers are found, explain that when we look, we can find lots of ways to help!
- “June Service Box” (June 2012 Friend). Make a service box by writing service ideas on slips of paper and completing them throughout the month.
- Act out the skit “The Magical Marvelous Magnificent Club” (June 2014 Liahona and Friend)
- “Serving Others Hidden Picture” (May 2011 Friend)
- “How You Can Help” (June 2012 Friend). Instructions for making a comfort doll to help children in need.
Are these Come Follow Me 7/19 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!