Come Follow Me 7/26/2021 – Devotionals & FHE for Kids
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotional
You also should check out our Google Web Story about our devotionals!
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 7/26 for Kids
Doctrine and Covenants 84:20–21
- Think about some of the recent priesthood ordinances you have participated in recently (sacrament, baptism, blessings)
- How was the power of Godliness manifest? Could you recognize the power of God?
- Show a picture of the temple and talk about how the ordinances we receive there give us power to become like Christ.
Sing the song again and talk about the meaning of the words.
Non-alcoholic Shirley Temple ice cream float (haha, get it? Temple?)
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 7/26 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 7/26: Doctrine & Covenants 84:45-46
For the word of the Lord is truth, and whatsoever is truth is light, and whatsoever is light is Spirit, even the Spirit of Jesus Christ.
And the Spirit giveth light to every man that cometh into the world; and the Spirit enlighteneth every man through the world, that hearkeneth to the voice of the Spirit.
Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures. You can download these tracing sheets as a PDF.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 7/26 for kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 7/26 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 7/26:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 7/26 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 7/26
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 7/26
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
The Priesthood Is Restored (Children’s #89)
Doctrine and Covenants 84:1–5, 17–28
- When you hear the word Priesthood, what do you think of?
- What is the Priesthood?
- Joseph Smith had received the Priesthood from John the Baptist and Peter, James, and John, but he and the Saints didn’t understand all the way.
- This section was a revelation to teach more about the Priesthood. What do we learn from the verses we read?
How has the Priesthood blessed my life?
A Young Man Prepared (Children’s #166) if you have daughters, talk about how these words apply as well because we need to be prepared and worthy to receive Priesthood covenants and blessings.
Doctrine and Covenants 84:31–42
- These verses are called the oath and covenant of the Priesthood.
- A covenant is a two-way promise between a person and God.
- When we get baptized, we make covenants with God. Then when we go to the temple and make more covenants.
- When young men receive the Priesthood, they also make covenants. All of our covenants come from the Priesthood.
- When we receive the Lord and His servants, we receive all of blessings the Lord has for us that come from the Priesthood.
How can I prepare to make Priesthood covenants?
Coloring page: “My faith in Jesus Christ grows when I listen to the Holy Ghost.”
Oh, Holy Words of Truth and Love (Hymns #271)
Doctrine and Covenants 84:43–58
- When we make covenants (or are preparing to make covenants, like at baptism), we need to study the Lord’s words.
- Where can we read or listen to the Lord’s words? (Scriptures, General Conference, etc.)
- What do these verses tell us about why it’s important to listen to the Lord’s words?
How have the scriptures brought light to my life?
“I Can Learn from the Scriptures” (November 2019 Friend)
God of Power, God of Right (Hymns #20)
Doctrine and Covenants 84:62–91 (make sure to get verse 88)
- In these verses, the Lord promises He would support the Apostles and the missionaries. Some of them were leaving their families and their jobs. How do you think they felt?
- The Lord has also asked us to do things for Him, so these promises apply to us.
- What are the promises God gives to those who faithfully do what He asks?
How can I show I will follow Him in faith?
Two Little Eyes (Children’s #268)
Doctrine and Covenants 84:106–10
- What are the jobs for each parts of our body? (Our eyes see, etc.)
- In the Bible, we learn that the Church is like a body – every person has their job.
- The same is true for our families. What are some of our responsibililties in our family?
- We all have different talents so that we can do our part in our families, our ward, and with our friends and neighbors.
What responsibility can I improve on today?
Make a body of your family – label each piece with a family member and their responsibility.
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 7/26
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 7/26:
Invite the children to do something this week to share the gospel with someone in their home or with a friend. Encourage them to ask for Heavenly Father’s help and to watch for what He does to help them.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 7/26
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 7/26 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you.
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 7/26:
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 7/26
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Watch Chapter 29: A Revelation About the Priesthood
- Watch Doctrine Immunizes Us against Sin by President Nelson to go with D&C 84:43-53
- Read or watch M. Russell Ballard, “Men and Women and Priesthood Power,” Ensign, Sept. 2014, 28–33;
- Watch Video: Mormon Messages, “Blessings of the Priesthood”
- Video: Mormon Messages for Youth, “Sanctify Yourselves”
- Watch Video: Our Faith, “Restoration of the Priesthood”
- Video: Prophets and Apostles Speak Today, “Elder Perry on Priesthood Part 4”
- Color these fun coloring pages about the scriptures.
- Read “Family Scripture Fun” (August 2013 Friend) and come up with ideas as a family to make reading the scriptures more enjoyable for your family.
- “Gospel A to Z” (May 2019 Friend). Use each letter of the alphabet to draw a gospel picture.
- “Scripture Cards” (August 2013 Liahona and Friend). Cut out these cards and place them in your scriptures. You can also write your own favorite scripture verses on each card!
- Make a scripture bouquet with “Sharing Time: I Believe the Scriptures Are the Word of God”
- Make gospel road signs that go along with “Sharing Time: On the Right Path” (February 2000 Liahona and January 2000 Friend).
- “Studying the Scriptures” (January 2012 Friend). Solve a code to find out what to do to learn more from the scriptures.
- Use this printable and label it with the different talents of one person (or your entire family) to show how you all work together.
- Get a large poster/paper and make a giant person. Decorate it with dress-up clothes and label it with different callings in the Church, like Bishop or Primary teacher. (Idea originated from this blog post.)
Are these Come Follow Me 7/26 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!