Come Follow Me 9/19/2022 – Devotionals & FHE for Kids
If you find these Come Follow Me 9/19 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotional
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 9/19 for Kids
How Firm a Foundation (Hymns #85) verses 1-2
- Read all of the verses of the hymn How Firm a Foundation (Hymns #85) one at a time.
- Point out any phrases that are the same in the hymn as they are in the verses of scripture.
- Discuss what those phrases mean. Have you witnessed those phrases in your own life?
- What does the title of the hymn mean? How can we have a firm foundation?
Use blocks, sugar cubes, rocks, marshmallows, or another material to construct a simple building. Take turns knocking them down and discuss if they have a firm foundation or a weak foundation.
Make Homemade Seven Layer Bars and discuss the foundation of the dessert and its importance.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 9/19 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 9/19: Isaiah 5:20
Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures. You can download these tracing sheets as a PDF.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 9/19 for kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 9/19 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 9/19:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 9/19 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 9/19
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 9/19
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
Little Lambs So White and Fair (Children’s #58a)
Isaiah 40:3–8, 15–23; 42:15–16; 47:7–11
- Isaiah repeatedly reminded his people of God’s matchless power, even compared to the oppressive worldly power that surrounded them.
- What do these passages teach you about worldly things?
- What do they teach you about God?
- Ponder why this message might have been valuable to the Jews in captivity.
- Why is it valuable to you?
What reminds me that God is all-powerful?
How Firm a Foundation (Hymns #85) verse 3
- It must have been discouraging, even devastating, for the Israelites to find themselves captive in Babylon.
- Many may have wondered if they had forever lost their place as God’s chosen, covenant people.
- How do these verses bring hope, comfort, and peace?
- In what ways do we not understand God’s plan?
- How can we be His servants?
How can I be God’s servant?
How Firm a Foundation (Hymns #85) verses 4-5
- In what sense are you a witness of Jesus Christ?
- What experiences in your life have shown you that He is the Savior?
- How can I bear that witness?
Who can I share my testimony with today?
“Give,” Said the Little Stream (Children’s #236)
- Show videos of rivers and waves.
- How can peace be like a river?
- How can righteousness be like waves?
- When are times that I have felt peace like a river?
How can I be a wave of righteousness today?
Thy Servants Are Prepared (Hymns #329)
- Sometimes we may be trying our best but feel we are not appreciated.
- What messages do you find in these verses that can help when your efforts and service seem to be “for nought, and in vain”?
Who can I serve today?
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 9/19
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 9/19:
Invite the children to think about something they learned today that they want to learn more about. Help them write a question about it that they can ask to a parent or other family member.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 9/19
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 9/19 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 9/19:
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 9/19
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Read or watch Henry B. Eyring, “A Child and a Disciple,” Ensign or Liahona, May 2003, 29–32.
- Watch or read Jeffrey R. Holland, “A Perfect Brightness of Hope,” Ensign or Liahona, May 2020, 81–84.
- Isaiah 40:31 coloring page
- Isaiah 43 coloring page
- Old Testament books word search
- Make the string pictures of Isaiah
- Isaiah 40:8 tracing sheet
- Cursive Tracing Handwriting Practice Isaiah 40-31
- Isaiah 6:6-7 coloring page
- Free Isaiah coloring pages
Are these Come Follow Me 9/19 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!