Come Follow Me 9/7/2020 – Devotionals & FHE for Kids
Daily devotionals, Family Home Evening (FHE), and Sunday ideas for kids and young children that go with Come, Follow Me for 9/7/2020.
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 9/7
- What did the Nephites do when they saw the robbers coming?
- How did the Lord protect them?
- How does the Lord protect us when we call upon Him in faith?
- How did the Nephites respond afterward? Can you think of times when the Nephites were not this grateful?
- How can you show more gratitude to your Heavenly Father?
Draw a picture of something that Heavenly Father has given you.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 9/7
Work on memorizing this scripture during the week for Come Follow Me 9/7: 3 Nephi 5:13
Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.
Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 9/7
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 9/7 devotionals! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 9/7:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 9/7 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 9/7
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
Samuel Tells of the Baby Jesus (Children’s, #36)
- Five years have passed since Samuel the Lamanite came, and the wicked people said that anyone who still believed on a certain day would be killed.
- Imagine you were a believer during this time. How would you feel about everything that was going on? Would you want to say you didn’t believe anymore?
Samuel the Lamanite arrows game
How can I have a strong testimony like the believers?
“Stars Were Gleaming”- Children’s Songbook pg. 37
- Nephi was worried about the believers being killed. He prayed, and he was told that the sign of Christ’s birth would come the next day
- The sign came! There was a day, a night, and a day where there was no darkness.
- What does this tell us about Heavenly Father keeping His promises?
Draw a picture of the people during the night with no darkness. Make sure to include the new star in the skiy!
What can I do today to strengthen my faith in Heavenly Father’s promises?
Picture a Christmas (Children’s, #50)
- The people had seen an incredible miracle, but after only just a few years they were back to being wicked again.
- What miracles have we seen in our lives? How can we remember them?
- Discuss how the Spirit giving us our testimonies is more powerful than seeing miracles.
Create a gratitude journal where the child can write or draw one thing each day that strengthens their testimony.
3 Nephi 2:11–12; 3:1–26; 5:24–26
- One of the results of the wicked people was the Lord no longer protecting them from the Gadianton robbers. These robbers made the people have to leave their homes and gather in one place to be safe.
- We don’t have to leave our homes, but we face spiritual dangers. What did the Nephites do? What can we do to be safe?
- Gathering together as Saints is important. We strengthen each other.
Take a pencil or a stick and ask the child to break it (or break it yourself if they aren’t strong enough) by snapping it in half. Do that 10 times. Now take 10 pencils and try to do it at once. Show how we are stronger together than apart.
What can I do today to be protected from spiritual danger?
Love One Another (Children’s #308)
- Mormon said he was a disciple of Jesus Christ. What does it mean to be a disciple of Christ? (Doctrine and Covenants 41:5)
- Mormon interrupted the story of the Nephites to say he was a disciple. Then he told of Nephi, another disciple.
- How can we be disciples like these men were?
I am a disciple of Jesus Christ coloring page
What can I do today to show I am a disciple of Jesus Christ?
Primary Assignment for Come Follow Me 9/7
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 9/7:
Invite the children to think of something they will do this week to be disciples of Christ. Encourage them to write it down and share it with their families.
Sunday Ideas for Come Follow Me 9/7
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 9/7 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you.
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 9/7:
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Read Disciple of Christ in the Friend and discuss as a family
- Watch the video The Signs of Christ’s Birth
- Put on the play The Day There Was No Night.
- Hang a paper star on the wall in your home and play hot/cold trying to find it.
- Complete this packet from Chicken Scratch n Sniff
- Ask full-time missionaries or ward missionaries if they have experiences seeing people become stronger by coming into the Church as opposed to trying to be righteous on their own.
- Read How to Be a Disciple in the New Era. Talk about how your family can do the things on the list.
Are these Come Follow Me / ideas useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!
For the treat it just says f. Just wanted to make you aware.