Come Follow Me 2/24/2020 – Devotionals & FHE for Children
Daily devotionals, Family Home Evening (FHE), and Sunday ideas for kids and young children that go with Come, Follow Me for 2/24/2020.
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 2/24
- Take a thin rope (flaxen cord) and wrapit one time around a family members wrist.
- Show that it doesn’t seem like very much until it is wrapped around several times.
- This is like Satan’s temptations. At first it may seem simple, but over time he gets a stronger and stronger grasp on us.
- How can we detect the lie before we are bound with strong cords?
Break a single pencil or toothpick. Then try to break several together in one bunch at the same time. Show how we are stronger together against Satan than apart.
String cheese or licorice ropes
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 2/24
Work on memorizing this scripture during the week on Come Follow Me 2/24: 2 Nephi 27:26
Therefore, I will proceed to do a marvelous work among this people, yea, a marvelous work and a wonder, for the wisdom of their wise and learned shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent shall be hid.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 2/24
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use! Don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 2/24:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, and then have a discussion about it using the questions/comments provided
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, then the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together with the activity!
Modifications for older children for Come Follow Me 2/24:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come Follow Me 2/24
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families
- Instead of printing the journal entry and answering it with a drawing, create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
We’ll Bring the World His Truth
- What does this tell you about the limits of Heavenly Father’s love?
- Who has the opportunity to follow Him?
- What is your responsibility?
How can I see God’s love in my life?
- There are several times that the Book of Mormon was prophesied about in the Old Testament.
- This example is a reference to the man that looked at the manuscripts and eventually rejected them when he heard the miraculous source of the book.
- Why do you think this is important to know about?
Article of Faith 8 activity page
What is my favorite Book of Mormon story?
- In the last days Satan will deceive many.
- Can God justify any sin?
- No, but Satan makes it sound like it makes sense.
- What can you do to make sure you are never tricked by this?
How can I know if something is a right choice?
- Many in the world believe that God has already spoken everything and that all of His word is found in the Bible.
- We believe that God has not not ceased to speak and God can reveal more whenever He wants to.
- And we believe that He will continue to reveal more.
- We should never be satisfied that we already know everything, because we don’t.
How does God reveal His word to us today?
- Nephi and all the other prophets that wrote in the Book of Mormon wrote so that we could have these things of great worth.
- Why is the Book of Mormon of great worth to you?
- What are some of the marvelous works that God is accomplishing in the world through the Book of Mormon?
Catch up on this Book of Mormon reading chart.
How has the Book of Mormon blessed my life?
Sunday Ideas for Come Follow Me 2/24
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week in Come Follow Me 2/24?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 2/24 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you.
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 2/24:
- Work on memorizing the Articles of Faith with this online game
- Wrap aluminum foil around a square of cardboard. Have the children use a stick or other pointy object to “engrave” a favorite scripture.
- Color this page for the 9th article of faith
- Also color this page for the 8th article of faith
- Play this Restoration matching game
- Sing a song with the children about loving all people, such as “I’ll Walk with You” or “We Are Different” (Children’s Songbook, 140–41, 263). Point out words or phrases in the song that you feel reinforce the message of 2 Nephi 26:33.
- Help your children put together a simple puzzle or build something with blocks. Give them one puzzle piece or one block at a time, and while they are building, explain that this is the way Heavenly Father teaches us—one truth at a time. Read 2 Nephi 28:30 together. What would happen if we tried to put all of the pieces together at once?
- Talk with your children about times when they have invited friends or family to come to a special event, like a birthday celebration. What did they do to encourage people to come? Read 2 Nephi 26:23–28, 33, and help them find what the Lord is inviting us to do. Ask them to create a card or letter inviting someone to come unto Jesus Christ.
- Show your children a map of the world, and help them match the Book of Mormon and the Bible with the part of the world it came from. Read and discuss 2 Nephi 29:8. Why did God give us two “testimonies” or books of scripture that teach us about Him?
Primary Assignment for Come Follow Me 2/24:
The Come, Follow Me 2/24 – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation in Come Follow Me 2/24:
Invite the children to explain to their families how the Bible and the Book of Mormon work together to testify of Jesus Christ.
Pin these Come Follow Me 2/24 Devotionals
Share these Come Follow Me 2/24 devotionals on Pinterest!
Thank you for your hard work in creating these daily devotionals that align with “Come Follow Me” lessons. I homeschool my kids, and this is EXACTLY what we need for our morning devotionals. They especially love the activities that go along with the daily theme. Thank you for making my mama/teacher life so much easier! I point my friends to your website often. What a tremendous resource and blessing. Thank you!!