Links on this website may be affiliate links. We are an Amazon affiliate, which means we will receive a small compensation for each purchase you make through our links at no extra cost to you.
Daily devotionals, Family Home Evening (FHE), and Sunday ideas for kids and young children that go with Come, Follow Me for 3/2/2020.
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 3/2
- Read the scripture together and make a poster of what you think the path looks like.
- Add milestones along the path that are required to continue.
- Where does the path lead?
- How do you start on it?
- what kinds of things are off the path?
Take some yarn and make a path with it along the floor. Have the children see if they can walk along it without stepping off.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 3/2
Work on memorizing this scripture during the week of Come Follow Me 3/2: 2 Nephi 32:3
feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 3/2
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use! Don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional in Come Follow Me 3/2:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, and then have a discussion about it using the questions/comments provided
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, then the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together with the activity!
Modifications for older children for Come Follow Me 3/2:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come Follow Me 3/2
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me 3/2- For Individuals and Families
- Instead of printing the journal entry and answering it with a drawing, create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
- What does it mean to ‘press forward?’
- What does endure to the end mean?
- Following the path is not just about starting, but about trying your best every day.
What can I do this week to press forward?
- Nephi explained Christ’s gospel in simple terms:
- Gift of the Holy Ghost
- Endure to the end
- What part of His gospel are you working on?
What can I do to work on my step this week?
- What do you learn about Jesus’s baptism from these verses?
- Did you learn anything new?
- Jesus didn’t have any sins that needed to be washed away. So why was He baptized?
What can I do this week to get ready for baptism?
- Once you have been baptized and have received the Holy Ghost how will you know what to do?
- The Holy Ghost will help you know what the right choices are.
When have I felt the Holy Ghost before? What does He feel like?
- Why did Nephi write his books in the Book of Mormon?
- He wanted to convince others that Jesus Christ is our Savior.
- What can you do to help others learn of Christ?
Who can I share the Book of Mormon with this week?
Sunday Ideas for Come Follow Me 3/2
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 3/2 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you.
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 3/2:
- Memorize the 4th Article of Faith with this online game
- Paint prayer rocks to remind them to pray always
- Put the following words in random order on a board or cut out like a puzzle: Jesus witnessed unto the Father that He would be obedient unto Him. Invite the children to read 2 Nephi 31:7 as a class and put the words into the correct order.
- Put on a Book of Mormon pageant
- Make a Book of Mormon puppet show (all of the issues with puppets can be found here for 2012)
- Write a list of specific things you can all pray about as a family this week
Primary Assignment for Come Follow Me 3/2:
The Come, Follow Me 3/2 – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 3/2:
Encourage the children to find someone—a friend, a sibling, or another family member—they can teach how to pray.
Pin these Come Follow Me 3/2 devotionals!
Share these Come Follow Me 3/2 devotionals on Pinterest!