Come Follow Me 12/4/2019 – Devotionals & FHE for Children
If you find these Come Follow Me 12/4 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotionals
Click the topic to jump to where you want to go:
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 12/4 for Kids
I Am a Child of God (Children’s #2)
- Show the picture of Christ knocking on the door.
- Why do you think that He is knocking?
- Why couldn’t He just come in?
- What can you do to let Jesus into your life more often?
Read some knock-knock jokes together.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 12/4 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 12/4: Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures. You can download these tracing sheets as a PDF.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 12/4 for Kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 12/4 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 12/4:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 12/4 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 12/4
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 12/4
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
As I Search the Holy Scriptures (Hymns #277)
Bible Dictionary, “John.”
- Who was John?
- What was special about him?
- He wrote Revelations while imprisoned on the isle of Patmos.
- There are many prophecies in this book that may be hard to understand. Look for the symbols and what they mean.
Write the 8 symbols of Revelations (or draw a picture).
Go over the primary 8 symbols in the Book of Revelations and act them out.
- Dragon – Symbolic of Satan (Rev. 12:3, 4, 7, 9, 13, 16, 17; 13:2, 4; 16:13; 20:2)
- First Beast – Symbolic of the Antichrist (Rev. 13; 14:9-11; 17:3-17; 19:19-21; 20:4, 10)
- Another Beast – Symbolic of the False Prophet called “another Beast” just once (Rev. 13:11)
- Seven heads – Seven empires from history that persecuted Israel (Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece,
- Rome, Antichrist Empire of Dan. 2:41-42; 7:7; Rev. 12:3; 13:1; 17:3-16)
- Ten Horns – Represent a ten-nation confederation that serves the Antichrist (Rev. 17:12-13)
- Harlot Babylon – Points to a demonically inspired religious and economic system (Rev. 17-18)
- The Woman – The faithful remnant of Israel through history (Rev. 12)
- The Male-child – Jesus (Rev. 12).
Come, Let Us Anew (Hymns #217)
- Jesus Christ knows everything about me.
- He knows the hard things we are going through, the things that are good and make us happy and those things we should do to improve.
- How is this helpful to you?
- What will happen when you try to become better?
What does it mean that Jesus is always with me?
He Died That We Might Live Again (Children’s #65)
- Jesus Christ is the One that made Heavenly Father’s Plan of Happiness for us possible.
- This happened when He performed the Atonement.
- We found out that this would happen even before it did.
- How would you have felt when you learned that your older brother would sacrifice himself so you could be happy forever?
How does the Atonement bless my life?
Israel, Israel, God Is Calling (Hymns #7)
- The seven seals in the book of revelation stand for periods of time on the earth.
- We are currently in the sixth seal.
- This is when the restoration of the gospel took place and Christ is preparing His people for His second coming.
- What can you do to prepare for the second coming of Jesus Christ?
What can I do to prepare for the Second Coming?
Shine On (Children’s #144)
- Why did Jesus compare His Church to candlesticks? (see Matthew 5:14–16)
- How can we be lights to the world?
How can I be a light today?
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 12/4
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 12/4:
Invite the children to share with their families ways they can invite the Savior’s influence into their homes.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 12/4
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 12/4 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 12/4
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 12/4
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Jesus Knocking Craft door handle
- Use this Revelation printable to help simply explain the 6th and 7th seals as well as the Last Days.
- John Wrote About Heaven Bible Craft
- Seven Churches spot the differences
- Revelation scavenger hunt
- A friend at midnight (you can remove the wording about being persistent when you pray to adjust this to be Christ knocking on the door and instead of bread, put a picture of the child)
- Symbols in the Book of Revelation coloring page
- Revelation coloring page
- Apostle St. John the Evangelist by El Greco coloring page
- Read the blog post John at Patmos: Why Was He Exiled and Why Was It a Blessing?
- Let your light shine lantern
- Let your light shine lantern made from a metal #10 can
- Christ is my light printable paper flashlight craft
- Grow with Jesus Sunflower Craft – each petal represents a different way kids can learn to grow with Jesus.
- Thankfulness Luminaries – There are adaptations to this craft where kids write down their own things they are thankful for rather than using word stickers.
Are these Come Follow Me 12/4 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!