If you find these Come Follow Me 2/27 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotionals
Click the topic to jump to where you want to go:
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 2/27 for Kids
Tell Me the Stories of Jesus (Children’s #57)
(the verses to go along with the miracles you chose)
- Select 5-10 pictures of miracles beforehand.
- Let each member of the family pick one picture and tell the story to the rest of the family.
- Share a miracle that happened in your life (or one of someone you know)
Put on a magic show. Are these real? No, but Jesus had great power to do real miracles.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 2/27 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 2/27: John 3:16 (from the lesson two weeks ago – there were SO many good verses in that lesson!)
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 2/27 for Kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 2/27 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 2/27:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 2/27 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 2/27
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 2/27
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief (Hymns #29 verse 5)
- The Savior can heal infirmities and sickness with the Priesthood. Tonight in FHE, we’re going to learn more about the people Jesus healed. Could they be healed on their own, or did they need help?
- Are the people who Jesus healed perfect?
- Sometimes, we need help. We may not be sick, but we all need help – especially if we’ve made a wrong choice. Even if we don’t feel like we can ask Heavenly Father for help because we aren’t perfect, we can always ask Him anyway!
- All we need to have God help us is faith.
How can I show my gratitude to Heavenly Father?
Jesus heals a leper craft
Lord, I Would Follow Thee (Hymns #220)
- Being a disciple of Jesus Christ means that I put Him first in my life
- Do the activity together. You can use balls and rice instead of rocks and sand. Before you show the kids how to make it all fit, ask them to try different ways on their own to see if they can do it.
How can I make space for Jesus in my life?
Master, the Tempest Is Raging (Hymns #105)
- Does life feel like it has big storms sometimes? What are some big storms we’ve had in our family?
- When big storms come, we can ask Jesus to help us. Sometimes He doesn’t take away all of the storm, but He keeps us safe during it if we listen to Him.
What storm do I have in my life right now?
The Church of Jesus Christ (Children’s #77)
- Read the scripture and explain how the people were telling Jesus that He was doing things that were wrong.
- Watch this video: (Everyday Example: When Beliefs Are Questioned)
- What happened in the video? What was the girl’s response? How did Jesus respond? (They were both kind, but stated their testimonies and what they really believed.)
What are things I can say when people question my beliefs?
Make the treasure box of important things about the Church’s beliefs.
If You’re Happy and You Know It (Children’s #266)
- Before Jesus tells the man to get up and walk, what did He tell him? “Be of good cheer, thy sins be forgiven thee.”
- Even though we make mistakes and sin, we can be happy because we know that we can repent and be forgiven.
How can I be happy even when things are hard?
Build a house of happinesis
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 2/27
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 2/27:
Help the children write down an act of service they will perform for someone this week.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 2/27
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 2/27 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 2/27
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 2/27
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Watch Jesus Heals a Blind Man
- Arise! – Use the key to fill in the blanks and discover what Jesus says to the widow’s son.
- Watch Calming the Tempest
- Coloring Page – Jesus Asleep in the Storm
- Break the Code – Peter’s Mother-in-Law – Discover what Jesus does to help Peter’s mother-in-law
- Watch Jesus Forgives Sin and Heals a Man Stricken With Palsy or “Chapter 23: The Man Who Could Not Walk”
- The Centurion’s Faith – Use the key to fill in the blanks and find out how the servant was healed
- “Apostles Testify of Christ” (January 2018 Friend). Matching game with the miracles of Christ.
- Color by Number – The Centurion
- Jesus Healed a Man Who Could Not Walk Match Game
- Coloring Page – Jesus Heals Man with the Withered Hand
- “Many Mighty Miracles” (August 2015 Friend and Liahona). Match the scripture references with the pictures of Christ’s miracles. Includes a summary of the story of Jesus and Lazarus.
- Jesus Healed 10 Lepers Word Search
- Crossword (The Centurion’s Servant) – Read about Jesus healing the centurion’s servant and write the missing words in the puzzle blanks.
- Coloring Page – Jesus Heals the Blind Man
- Word Lineup for Jesus Healed a Woman with a Crooked Back
- Four Friends and a Healing (Maze) – Help the paralyzed man’s friends find their way through the maze to Jesus.
- Jesus Healed a Man That Couldn’t Walk Coloring Page
- Jesus Heals a Paralyzed Man – Find the differences in the two pictures of Jesus healing the paralyzed man
- Take Up Thy Bed – Circle words from the story of Jesus healing of the paralyzed man.
- Word Search (Pool of Bethesda) – Circle words from the story of Jesus and the man at the pool
- Jesus Calmed the Storm Jigsaw Puzzle
Are these Come Follow Me 2/27 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!