Daily devotionals, Family Home Evening (FHE), and Sunday ideas for kids and young children that go with Come, Follow Me for 2/1/2021.
You also should check out our Google Web Story about our devotionals!
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 2/1 for Kids
- Turn off the lights and shine a small flashlight on the floor. Have the children follow the light.
- Talk about how this is similar to the way we follow the Holy Ghost.
- We don’t receive all knowledge at once sometimes it is just enough to know the next right choice.
- You can share some examples of following the Holy Ghost from your own life.
Have the children see if they can guide the parents around a dark room with obstacles with the light.
Flashlight ice cream cone (fill with ice cream or buttered popcorn, or another yellow snack)
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 2/1 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 2/1: Doctrine and Covenants 10:5
Pray always, that you may come off conqueror; yea, that you may conquer Satan, and that you may escape the hands of the servants of Satan that do uphold his work.
Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 2/1 for kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me / devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 2/1:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 2/1 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 2/1
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 2/1
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
- Joseph asked the Lord what they should do about the lost 116 pages. The Lord said not to translate them again because wicked people would change them and try to prove that Joseph was false.
- Satan wants to destroy the work of the Lord. These verses talk about how Satan works. How do these apply to us today?
What can I do to resist Satan?
Make soup can phones from “Family Fun Time: Prayer” (February 2015 Friend).
“Nephi’s Courage” (Children’s Songbook, 120) 3rd verse (being tempted to choose another way)
- More than 2,400 years before the 116 pages were lost, the Lord told Nephi to write a second record that covered the same time period.
- The Lord had known this would happen and He prepared for it. Nephi didn’t know why he was told to do a second record when he already had one, but he was obedient and did it anyway.
- This is called “foreknowledge,” and the Lord knows what will happen in our lives, too. He can help us be prepared if we listen to Him.
- One example of this is Noah and the Ark.
How has the Lord demonstrated foreknowledge in my life?
- Lots of people would ask Joseph to receive revelations for them. He was happy to do it, but the Lord told him that everyone could receive their own revelation.
- This section is specifically for Hyrum Smith. What does the Lord say about personal revelation in these verses?
How can I receive personal revelation?
- Even before the Book of Mormon had been translated, Hyrum Smith was anxious to preach the gospel.
- What does the Lord say about Hyrum’s desires?
- What does it mean to obtain the word? How can we use it to bring God’s power into our lives?
How can obtaining the word of God help us share the gospel?
- The Lord said these verses and personal revelation are for everyone who wants to participate in His work.
- What does it mean to receive Christ? How can we receive Him?
- What are the blessings for those who recieve Christ?
What can I do to receive Christ?
Play “Bee a Missionary Now” game (halfway down the post)
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 2/1
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me /:
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 2/1
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 2/1 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you.
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 2/1:
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 2/1
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Read aloud Saints, 1:51–61.
- As a family, read Enos 1:1–8 and “The Enos Experiment” (September 2006 Friend). Discuss how to have “mightier” prayer.
- Choose a day to devote to prayer by always having a prayer in your hearts (see Alma 34:27).
- Visit somewhere special—like the mountains, the forest, or the beach—to give each person time for personal prayer.
- “I Can Always Pray” (August 2018 Liahona and Friend). Includes a quiz, a poem, a coloring page, and quotes about prayer.
- Print from the Mormonad Collection: “Temptation and Sin” and hang them around the house to remind you to resist Satan’s temptations.
- Watch these videos:
- Play “Animal Matchup” (February 2006 Friend) after talking about Noah and the Ark.
- Put together 72 hour kits or discuss your food storage and what you need to be prepared in case of emergencies, disasters, or financial hardship.
- Play “Pin the Tag on the Missionary”
Are these Come Follow Me 2/1 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!