If you find these Come Follow Me 2/12 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
And don’t miss out on our free 240 page Book of Mormon chapter-by-chapter study guide journal for kids and adults. It’s the perfect companion to this year’s Come Follow Me’s topics.
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotionals
Click the topic to jump to where you want to go:
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 2/12 for Kids
Master, the Tempest Is Raging (Hymns #105)
- Read 2 Nephi 4:20–25 together.
- Remind them that these are Lehi’s last words to his children. What would you say if you were him?
- Pause after each verse, and invite family members to share when they have experienced or felt what Nephi describes.
- What has God done for our family?
- Watch “Lehi Gives His Family a Final Blessing“
Make handprint hugs and send them in the mail to loved ones, along with testimonies of how they’ve felt God’s love. Consider including some of the treat as well.
Make heart-shaped sour cream sugar cookies and decorate them as a family.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 2/12 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 2/12: 2 Nephi 2:27
Wherefore, men are free according to the flesh; and all things are given them which are expedient unto man. And they are free to choose liberty and eternal life, through the great Mediator of all men, or to choose captivity and death, according to the captivity and power of the devil; for he seeketh that all men might be miserable like unto himself.
You can download these tracing sheets as a PDF.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 2/12 for Kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 2/12 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 2/12:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 2/12 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 2/12
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Home and Church: Book of Mormon 2024 for Come Follow Me 2/12
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
- Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures.
The Golden Plates (Children’s #86b)
- There is a prophecy of the Restoration in 2 Nephi.
- Nephi and his family cared about this because the Restoration would include the Book of Mormon and the Restoration of the knowledge of the gospel to their descendants.
- What do you learn about Joseph Smith and his purpose?
How can I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet?
- What do you know about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ because of what Joseph Smith taught?
- How is your life different because of what the Lord restored through Joseph Smith?
- What would your life be like if the Restoration had not happened?
How has Joseph Smith’s work has been “of great worth” to me?
Coloring Page: “Prophet Joseph Smith” (April 2008 Friend)
Where Can I Turn for Peace? (Hymns #129)
- Nephi said that he would “write the things of my soul.” What were those things?
- What are the things of your soul?
- How did Nephi find comfort when he was overwhelmed and anxious?
What are the things of my soul?
More Holiness Give Me (Hymns #131)
- After Lehi died Nephi was feeling very strongly about his imperfections and struggles to do the right.
- We all feel inadequate at times.
- How did Nephi overcome these feelings?
- How can this help you when you are feeling like you aren’t doing good enough?
What can I try to improve this week?
Choose the Right Way (Children’s #160)
- What do you think it means to be happy?
- What choices did Nephi and his people make that brought them happiness? (see, for example 2 Nephi 5:6, 10–17)
- What can help you build a life of happiness like the people of Nephi?
What makes me happy?
“Key to Happiness” secret message
Primary Children’s Activities for Come Follow Me 2/12
The Come, Follow Me – Home and Church: Book of Mormon 2024 manual suggests that you look at this month’s issue of the Friend magazine for more ideas.
There is also an activity page in this week’s section of the CFM manual.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 2/12
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me / Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you
If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament Meeting, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 2/12
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 2/12
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian (or do them in the workbook if you purchased it from Amazon).
- Watch “Lehi Blesses the Children of Laman and Lemuel”
- Coloring Page: “My faith in Jesus Christ grows when I learn about the Restoration of the gospel.”
- Watch “Lehi Blesses Jacob“
- Read “Let God Prevail,” Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2020
- Watch “Lehi Blesses Joseph“
- Watch “Till We All Come in the Unity of the Faith”
- Read “The Things of My Soul,” (Elder Ronald A. Rasband, Liahona, Nov. 2021)
- Read 2 Nephi 5:15–16 together. Use legoes, bricks, etc. to build a model of a temple.
Are these Come Follow Me / ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!