If you find these Come Follow Me 12/2 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotionals
Click the topic to jump to where you want to go:
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 12/2 for Kids
The Still Small Voice (Children’s #106)
- We’re going on a scripture hunt! (How you divide up the chapters will depend on children’s ages and abilities.)
- We’re going to look through these chapters and highlight every verse that mentions the Holy Ghost.
- Come back together and make a list about what you learn about Him.
- How have you felt the Holy Ghost?
Do this Holy Ghost object lesson
Make traffic light themed rice krispie treats by covering them in chocolate or adding cocoa powder to the mix, then using M&MS or Skittles.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 12/2 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 12/2: Moroni 5:6
And the church did meet together oft, to fast and to pray, and to speak one with another concerning the welfare of their souls.
You can download these tracing sheets as a PDF.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 12/2 for Kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 12/2 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 12/2:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 12/2 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 12/2
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Home and Church: Book of Mormon 2024 for Come Follow Me 12/2
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
- Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures.
If You’re Happy (Children’s #266)
- Moroni thought that the Jaredite writings would be the last thing he did, but the Lord wanted him to write a little more.
- Moroni was all alone – every other righteous person had been killed.
- What is Moroni’s attitude about his circumstances? What can we learn from him about what to do during hard times?
- What inspires you about Moroni’s faithfulness to the Lord and to his calling?
- What are some ways a person might “deny the Christ” today?
What can help me have a good attitude during hard times?
“Key to Happiness” secret message
The Fourth Article of Faith (Children’s #124)
- Moroni teaches us the right way to do many Priesthood ordinances, including baptism and confirmation, the sacrament, and Priesthood ordinations.
- Today we will talk about baptism and confirmation.
- What do these verses teach us about baptism and confirmation? Who can be baptized?
- What does it mean to have a “broken heart and a contrite spirit”? How does this help us prepare for baptism?
What can I do to be ready to be baptized? (Or stay worthy of my baptism?)
The Sacrament (Children’s #72)
- Today we will talk about the sacrament. Moroni taught us the prayers we should use for the sacrament, and we still use them today!
- What do we learn about the sacrament in these verses?
- What promises do we make when we take the sacrament?
- Imagine that a friend is coming to sacrament meeting for the first time. How would we explain to our friend what the sacrament is and why it is sacred?
- Watch “Children Sharing the Gospel“
How can I keep my promises in the sacrament prayers?
The Sacrament cut and paste
The Priesthood Is Restored (Children’s #89)
- This chapter has Moroni’s teachings about the Priesthood and its ordination (meaning a worthy, righteous male being ordained to the Priesthood, or given the Priesthood)
- What do you find in this chapter that could help someone prepare to be ordained to the priesthood?
- What do you find that would help someone perform an ordination?
- Even though women are not ordained to the Priesthood, they have the same access to Priesthood blessings. A man with the Priesthood cannot bless himself, only others.
What can I do to be more worthy of receiving Priesthood blessings?
When I Go to Church (Children’s #157)
- The people in Moroni’s time went to church when they were righteous.
- Why did they go to church?
- Do you like going to church? What are things we can do at church?
- Do we go to church for the same reasons?
- How do we nourish our bodies? How does church nourish our spirits?
- Is there anyone at church who might have special need of our love—perhaps someone who is new or recently returning?
What can I do to nourish others at church?
More than Just Quietly Sitting matching game
Primary Children’s Activities for Come Follow Me 12/2
The Come, Follow Me – Home and Church: Book of Mormon 2024 manual suggests that you look at this month’s issue of the Friend magazine for more ideas.
There is also an activity page in this week’s section of the CFM manual.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 12/2
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 12/2 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you
If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament Meeting, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 12/2
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 12/2
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian (or do them in the workbook if you purchased it from Amazon).
- Make Holy Ghost stoplights and hang them around the house.
- Read President Dallin H. Oaks’s message “The Need for a Church” (Liahona, Nov. 2021, 24–25).
- Free sacrament coloring pages:
- I Can Repent and Be Baptized- A great 3-D poster to put together to remember how the sacrament and baptismal covenants are tied together.
- Free printable sacrament book.
- Blessings of the Priesthood Are Available to All activity from the Friend. Draw yourself in these pictures where the Priesthood is being used.
- Watch Strengthening New Members videos on the Church’s website.
- “I Will Remember Jesus Christ” (December 2009 Liahona and Friend) Create a booklet to write down things learned about Jesus Christ in the sacrament hymns.
- “The First Principles and Ordinances of the Gospel Make It Possible for Me to Live With God Again” (June 2011 Liahona and Friend) A mobile craft of the fourth article of faith.
- “Fourth Article of Faith” (August 2004 Friend) Place the missing vowels in these words from the fourth article of faith
- Moroni’s Words to Us: How Will Keeping My Baptismal Covenant Help Me Follow Jesus Throughout My Life?- Summary and scripture figures to color and tell the story
- “Remembering Jesus Christ during the Sacrament” (June 2007 Liahona and Friend) A wheel depicting various scenes which can help children remember Christ as they partake of the sacrament.
- “Sacrament Time” (May 2007 Friend) Read descriptions of people who make sacrament meeting reverent and point to them in picture.
- “Taking the Sacrament” (August 2003 Friend) Includes instructions for making a door hanger to help you remember goals you make during the sacrament.
- “Article of Faith 5” (May 2011 Friend) Includes a simple activity to arrange pictures showing steps for a church calling in the right order.
- “Priesthood Hidden Scripture” (June 2004 Friend) Color in some letters in this square to read a scripture about the priesthood.
- “The Priesthood” (May 1984 Friend) A crossword puzzle dealing with the priesthood.
- “Flannel Board Sunday Box” (June 2006 Friend) Create a Sunday box to fill with fun activities.
- “The Sabbath is a Delight” (October 2015 Friend) Make a mobile to remind you to keep the Sabbath Day holy.
Are these Come Follow Me 12/2 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!