If you find these Come Follow Me 9/18 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotionals
Click the topic to jump to where you want to go:
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 9/18 for Kids
We Are All Enlisted Hymns #250)
- In what ways is choosing the right like a war?
- Sometimes this war is just in our own minds when we are making choices.
- What are some “spiritual weapons” that will help us make good choices?
Make a fort out of pillows and talk about all the things that build our spiritual strength against temptation.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 9/18 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 9/18: 1 Corinthians 15:29
Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 9/18 for Kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 9/18 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 9/18:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 9/18 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 9/18
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 9/18
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
‘Give,’ Said the Little Stream (Children’s #236)
- If you have more than you need, what can you do with the extra?
- Heavenly Father will help guide you to others that need your help.
- Who do you know that you could give to?
Who can I give something to today?
Follow the Prophet (Children’s #110)
- There are bad people out there that want to trick you.
- Satan can influence people as well.
- How will you know if someone is really sent from God?
- You can know by their works. Are they good or not?
- A true prophet of God will always lead you to Christ.
How do I know the current prophet is from God?
Act out the story of Little Red Riding Hood and discuss how the wolf was tricky.
To Think about Jesus (Children’s #71)
- Sometimes we need to check ourselves. Step back and make sure we are still believing and following Jesus.
- There are distractions all around us and sometimes we can forget.
- The sacrament each week helps us think about our commitment to Christ and recommit if we have forgotten.
- What else can you do to help you make sure you are still following Christ every day?
What distraction can I remove from my life today?
I Lived in Heaven (Children’s #4)
- The third Heaven that Paul mentions is the Celestial Kingdom.
- Paul was talking about himself, but didn’t want to boast about it.
- Do you want to go to the Celestial Kingdom?
- What does that mean to you?
If I died today, would I go to the Celestial Kingdom? Why or why not?
Color this Plan of Salvation booklet
This Is My Beloved Son (Children’s #76)
- In ancient times there had to be at least two witnesses when you accused someone of doing something wrong.
- God also follows a similar pattern.
- He will send more than one witness to testify of the truth.
- The Book of Mormon had multiple witnesses who saw and held the plates it was written on.
- Missionaries travel in pairs to testify of Christ and the restored gospel.
- Heavenly Father and the Holy Ghost were there to witness Jesus’s baptism.
Who are the witnesses of my testimony?
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 9/18
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 9/18:
Invite the children to be cheerful givers in their homes this week and to come to class next week prepared to report on how they served someone in need.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 9/18
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 9/18 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 9/18
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 9/18
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- A cheerful giver coin rubbing craft
- God Loves a Cheerful Giver Word Tiles
- Read this blog post about being a cheerful giver. Discuss which of these activities your family can do on a regular basis.
- God Loves a Cheerful Giver Coloring Page
- Go through your toys, clothing, etc. See what is no longer being used and cheerfully donate it to a place in need, like a foster care program.
- God Loves a Cheerful Giver Bookmark
- Coloring Page: “My family and I can serve others.”
- Make blessings bags for the homeless.
- Coloring Page: “My family and I can serve others.” (November 2009 Friend)
- “Fun Service” (August 2012 Liahona and Friend). Find two matching pictures of these children doing service.
- “Help Ellie Find Jacob” (February 2014 Liahona and Friend). Help Ellie find toys along the maze to share with Jacob.
- “The Magical Marvelous Magnificent Club” (June 2014 Liahona and Friend). A skit where friends discover it is more fun to give service.
- “Serving Others Hidden Picture” (May 2011 Friend). Find hidden pictures and color this page showing children giving cookies and bread to their neighbor.
- “How Can I Gain a Testimony?” (November 2005 Friend). Color the pictures that illustrate four important things to do to gain a testimony.
- Coloring page: “The Holy Ghost Testifies to Me”(August 1991 Friend)
- “The Holy Ghost Testifies of the Truth of All Things” (June 2010 Liahona and Friend). A journal activity that teaches about the Holy Ghost. Includes a question-and-answer Liahona craft.
Are these Come Follow Me 9/18 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!