If you find these Come Follow Me 7/3 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotionals
Click the topic to jump to where you want to go:
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 7/3 for Kids
I Believe in Being Honest (Children’s #149)
- Discuss the importance of honesty
- You can act out the scripture story.
- Discuss other scenarios when a person’s integrity may be challenged. Role-play how to handle the situations.
Get a ball of yarn and have one person hold it. Explain that being dishonest is like getting wrapped up in yarn as you walk around everyone tangling them up.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 7/3 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 7/3: Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 7/3 for Kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 7/3 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 7/3:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 7/3 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 7/3
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 7/3
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
Follow the Prophet (Childrens’s #110)
- When Jesus Christ was on the earth, he taught with great power.
- Once he left, his apostles were able to do so as well with the guidance and power of the Holy ghost.
- Christ tells his prophet and apostles how to best strengthen His church on the earth through the Holy Ghost.
How can I follow the prophet?
I’ll Go Where You Want Me to Go (Hymns #270)
- When they talk about tongues in the scriptures it usually means another language.
- The people heard the apostles teach them in their own language (that the apostles didn’t know.)
- The ability to teach someone the gospel (and for them to understand) in a language that is not your own is the purpose of the Gift of Tongues.
- When might this be used? (Missionary work, service)
How can I prepre to serve where the Lord wants me?
Learn a few new words in a foreign language.
The Fourth Article of Faith (Children’s #124)
- What did these people want to do when they learned about Jesus?
- What did they do afterward that showed that they really wanted to follow Him?
- They continued in the path together and partook of the sacrament. This is what President Nelson calls “the covenant path.”
- Does this remind you of the fourth article of faith?
How can I follow the covenant path?
When He Comes Again (Children’s #82)
- The apostles prophesied of two very important events to come:
- “the times of restitution of all things” refers to the Restoration of the gospel after it was corrupted and lost after the apostles were all killed. That started with Joseph Smith and is continuing today.
- “The times of refreshing” refers to the Millennium or the period of time after Christ returns to the earth and is our leader.
How can I prepare for the Millennium?
The Seventh Article of Faith (Children’s #126b)
- Disciples of Jesus Christ are given power to perform miracles in His name.
- What happened in this story?
- Do miracles like this happen today? How? (Priesthood and faith)
- Peter healed with the Priesthood, which is held by righteous men in the Church.
- We can receive blessings of healing.
How has the Priesthood blessed my life?
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 7/3
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 7/3:
Encourage the children to plan one way they can serve Heavenly Father by helping a member of their families this week.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 7/3
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 7/3 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 7/3
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 7/3
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Peter, John, and a Lame Man Acts 3 Object Lesson
- Watch this video: (Peter and John Heal a Man Crippled Since Birth)
- Peter and the Lame Man Word Scramble
- Pentecost Word Search – Circle words that describe the Pentecost from Acts 2
- “Blessings of the Priesthood are Available to All” (October 2012 Liahona). Includes a fill-in-the blank activity to look up the account of Joseph Smith receiving the priesthood. Also includes a drawing activity.
- Peter and the Lame Man Crossword Puzzle
- Watch “Peter Preaches and Is Arrested”
- “Time for a Blessing” (June 2012 Liahona). Look at the pictures and discuss why these children received priesthood blessings.
- Peter and the Lame Man Bible Craft
- Coded Words for Peter and the Lame Man
- Peter and John Fill In – Draw pictures to complete the story of Peter and John helping the beggar
- Coloring Page – Pentecost
- Peter and the Lame Man Word Search
- Watch the Video: New Testament Stories, “Chapter 56: Peter Heals a Man”
- Peter Preached with Boldness Coloring Page
Are these Come Follow Me 7/3 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!