Come Follow Me 6/26/2023 – Devotionals & FHE for Children
If you find these Come Follow Me / devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotionals
Click the topic to jump to where you want to go:
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 6/26 for Kids
Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd (Hymns #221)
- Jesus is now resurrected. We’ll talk about all of that this week.
- After He was resurrected, He visited His apostles several times to give them instructions. These verses are one of those instructions.
- Why did Jesus tell Peter to feed His sheep?
- Who are the sheep?
- How should we take care of Christ’s followers?
Pretzel sticks and jumbo marshmallows to make sheep treats. (You don’t need to be all fancy with the coconut and jelly beans)
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 6/26 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 6/26: Matthew 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures. You can download these tracing sheets as a PDF.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 6/26 for Kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 6/26 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 6/26:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 6/26 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 6/26
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 6/26
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
He Is Risen! (Hymns #199)
- Who saw the resurrected Christ?
- Which is your favorite story of when Jesus Christ was resurrected?
- What would you have felt if you had been there?
What does the Resurrection mean to me?
The Holy Ghost (Children’s #105)
- The disciples that spent time with Jesus didn’t want him to leave. The wanted Him to tarry with them (or stay with them.)
- Why did they want Him to stay? They felt the Spirit.
- When have you felt that way?
How can I invite Jesus to abide with me?
The Lord Gave Me a Temple (Children’s #153)
- When Jesus was resurrected, He received a body of flesh and bones. He is still alive today with that body.
- What did Jesus do to show his disciples that he really had a body?
- Do you believe that Jesus has a body?
What is special about my body?
Faith (Children’s #96)
- Thomas (one of the apostles) had a hard time believing that Christ had risen before he had seen Him.
- Christ said that those who believe even when they haven’t seen are even more blessed.
- What are some things that you believe, but you haven’t seen?
How can I believe when I haven’t seen Jesus?
Doubting Thomas games (choose one or more that fit best with your family)
The Lord Is My Shepherd (Hymns #316)
- How is this similar to the first time that Jesus met the disciples?
- Jesus asks Peter if he loves Him and then tells him to feed His lambs.
- Who are the lambs? How can we feed them?
How can I show Jesus I love Him today?
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 6/26
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 6/26:
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 6/26
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 6/26 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 6/26
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 6/26
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Watch any of these videos of the Savior appearing after His resurrection
- Maze for Two Disciples on the Road to Emmarus
- Who Are “These”? – Who is Jesus referring to when he says ‘lovest thou me more than these’
- Watch this video (Christ Appears on the Road to Emmaus)
- Coloring Page – Doubting Thomas
- On the Road to Emmaus – Use the word bank to fill in the blanks in the story about what happened on the road to Emmaus
- Watch this video (What Happens When I Die?)
- Jesus Has Risen Word Maze
- Coloring page The Risen Christ Appeared to Mary Magdalene
- Jesus Is Alive! Hidden Pictures
- Watch this video: (Blessed Are They That Have Not Seen, and Yet Have Believed)
- Coloring Page – He is Risen
- Build a LEGO tomb
- Jesus Is Alive! Bible Craft
- Watch this video: (Jesus Christ Implores Peter to “Feed My Sheep”)
- Coloring Page – Women at the Tomb
- The Commandment – Use the key to decode Jesus’ commandment to his disciples.
- Go Tell the World – Read the story and of Jesus’ talking with the disciples after his resurrection , and find the children of the world in the maze
- He is Risen! – Read the story and help the women find their way to the tomb
- Jesus Is Alive! Word Search
- A Lesson for Thomas – Write the letter that comes between the two letters shown to find out what Jesus said to a doubtful Thomas
- Jesus Is Alive Maze – Help Mary find her way to Jesus’ tomb
- He is Risen paper plate craft
Are these Come Follow Me 6/26 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!
Thank you for taking the time to do this. It’s perfect for my family and helps me tremendously. I look forward to having this help each week. Thank you again!