If you find these Come Follow Me 9/23 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotionals
Click the topic to jump to where you want to go:
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 9/23 for Kids
Lead, Kindly Light (Hymns #97)
- Turn off all the lights (as dark as possible) and watch “Jesus Christ Appears in the Ancient Americas”
- Turn on the lights when you get to where the three days of darkness end and read 3 Nephi 9:18.
- How is Jesus Christ the light of the world?
- How do you think the people felt when they were able to see again?
- Have you ever felt darkness in your life and then felt God’s love?
Play hide and seek in the dark
Donuts (you can see through the hole in the center)
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 9/23 for Kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 9/23 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 9/23:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 9/23 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 9/23
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Home and Church: Book of Mormon 2024 for Come Follow Me 9/23
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
- Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures.
I Will Be Valiant (Children’s #162)
- Finally the time came that was prophesied – the sign of Christ’s death. What were some of the signs?
- How do you think the people felt during this time? The wicked people? The righteous people?
- Sometimes bad or scary things happen, even when we’re righteous. How does being righteous help us during these times?
What can I do to be prepared for scary or difficult times?
I Feel My Savior’s Love (Children’s #174)
- Look at a picture of a hen gathering chicks.
- Why would a hen need to gather her chicks? Why does the Savior want to gather us close to Him? How do we come to Him for safety?
- What do we learn about the Savior’s love for us and repentance in these verses?
- Elder Neil L. Andersen remarked: “I am amazed at the Savior’s encircling arms of mercy and love for the repentant, no matter how selfish the forsaken sin. I testify that the Savior is able and eager to forgive our sins” (“Repent … That I May Heal You,” Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2009, 40).
When I have felt the Savior’s love for me?
Christ visits the Americas word scramble (download the free PDF)
This Is My Beloved Son (Children’s #176) verse 2
- What did the voice from heaven sound like? What did it say?
- At first, the people couldn’t hear the voice. What did they do to try to hear it?
- Heavenly Father will always talk to us through the Holy Ghost in a still, small voice. What makes it hard to hear that voice today?
- What do we learn from the Nephites’ experience?
How can I listen for Heavenly Father’s voice?
Did Jesus Really Live Again? (Children’s #64) verse 2-3
- There were about 2,500 people gathered in Bountiful when Jesus Christ appeared.
- Despite this large number, the Savior invited them each “one by one” to feel the nail prints in His hands and feet. Why would He do this?
- We don’t get to see Jesus, but we can get our own testimony that this really happened by praying about it.
- He told the people “arise and come forth.” How can we do that in our lives?
How can I get stronger faith in Jesus today?
Jesus appears to the Nephites coloring page (this is different than yesterday’s)
Easter Hosanna (Children’s #68) both verses
- As you read these verses, stand up every time you hear the word “baptize.”
- What did Jesus teach about baptism
- If your children have seen a baptism before, ask them to describe what they saw.
- Why does Jesus want us to be baptized?
How can I be true to baptism?
Primary Children’s Activities for Come Follow Me 9/23
The Come, Follow Me – Home and Church: Book of Mormon 2024 manual suggests that you look at this month’s issue of the Friend magazine for more ideas.
There is also an activity page in this week’s section of the CFM manual.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 9/23
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 9/23 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you
If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament Meeting, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 9/23
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 9/23
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian (or do them in the workbook if you purchased it from Amazon).
- Read these illustrated stories (or watch their accompanying videos)
- Read this summary of Jesus visiting the Americas
- See this illustrated story of Christ visiting the Americas
- Do this Jesus Christ LIves! free pdf (halfway down page, click on pin image)
- The people who followed the Savior were baptized. Discuss baptism as a family. These resources might be of use to you.
- Watch the movie The Testaments: of One Fold and One Shepherd
- Jesus Christ Is My Savior (with the Nephites)
Are these Come Follow Me 9/23 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!