If you find these Come Follow Me 6/19 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotionals
Click the topic to jump to where you want to go:
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 6/19 for Kids
Dare to Do Right (Children’s #158)
- Read Mark 15:1–15 as a family and focus on Pilate’s actions and emotions
- Even though Pilate knew Jesus was innocent, he was afraid of letting him go and did what the wicked people want
- Discuss situations that family members might encounter that are similar to Pilate’s and role-play correct responses
Eat Oreos and discuss this object lesson
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 6/19 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 6/19: John 17:3
And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 6/19 for Kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 6/19 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 6/19:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 6/19 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 6/19
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 6/19
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
Because God Loves Me (Children’s #234)
- Watch this video: “Jesus Is Scourged and Crucified”
- Discuss how hard it must have been Jesus to suffer all of that. He had power to call to angels for help, but He didn’t. Why not?
- Point out that He did it because He loved us.
How does Jesus show His love for me?
I’ll Walk With You (Children’s #140)
- The soldiers and wicked people made fun of Jesus for saying He was the Son of God
- Do people ever make fun of you? Or are you afraid that they will if you say what is right?
- What did Jesus do when He was mocked? What can you do?
What can I do next time someone makes fun of me?
Anti-Bullying Toothpaste Activity (about halfway down the post)
Abide with Me; ‘Tis Eventide (Hymns #165)
- On the cross, Jesus asked God why He had left Him alone.
- Heavenly Father did not really leave Jesus alone. But Jesus needed to feel alone so that He could know what we feel like when we feel alone.
- When we feel scared or alone, we can pray and the Holy Ghost can comfort us. Heavenly Father will never leave us alone.
How do I feel the Holy Ghost?
Help Me, Dear Father (Children’s #99)
- Do you remember what happened to Jesus before He was crucified?
- While on the cross and in a lot of pain, He asked Heavenly Father to forgive them.
- What are some things that others do to hurt me? How can I forgive them?
Who can I forgive today? How can I show I forgive them?
I Lived in Heaven (Children’s #4)
- The Bible says paradise, and Joseph Smith tells us that it really means “world of spirits”
- After we die, we go to the Spirit World. This is like a waiting room at the doctor. We are waiting until we get our bodies back
- In the Spirit World, those who did not get to learn about Jesus in this life can be taught by those who know about Him
- In the temples, we can get baptized for our ancestors who did not get a chance to get baptized here
How does knowing about the Spirit World hlep me?
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 6/19
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 6/19:
Encourage the children to think of someone they need to forgive and decide on one thing they will do to show that person that they have forgiven him or her.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 6/19
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 6/19 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 6/19
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 6/19
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Watch this video: Jesus Is Condemned before Pilate
- Roman Soldier worksheet
- Crown of Thorns Maze – Find your way through the crown of thorns
- Watch “Chapter 52: The Trials of Jesus”
- Forgiveness – Angry men put Jesus on the cross eventhough he did no wrong. Use the code to uncover Jesus’ prayer.
- Watch “Chapter 53: Jesus Is Crucified”
- Easy cross craft
- Jesus’s Crucifixion seek and find
- “Jesus Christ Lives” (March 2013 Liahona and Friend). Number the pictures of Christ’s life to show the order in which they happened.
- Spot the differences Jesus’s burial
- “Heavenly Father Prepared a Way for Me to Return to Him” (January 2014 Liahona and Friend). Make a poster representing your path back to Heavenly Father.
- Holy Week: Guess the Day – Identify which day of the week different events happened
- Find Your Way to Jesus’ Tomb: Maze
- EASY Yarn Cross Craft for fine motor skills
- Peter’s Denial word search
Are these Come Follow Me 6/19 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!