This super easy instant pot macaroni and cheese is the best version you’ll ever eat! It’s delicious and can be made healthier by adding vegetables and ham. Kids and adults love it – your children will be begging for this yummy instant pot mac and cheese for dinner every night.
One of our top ten instant pot recipes is this super easy macaroni and cheese. No stirring, no boiling, and no warming up the stove!
This recipe has become a huge favorite at our home, and it’s a much healthier alternative to boxed macaroni and cheese!
(It’s actually easier than boxed macaroni and cheese because you don’t have to keep the noodles from boiling over!)
The Short Version
Here’s the quick-reference version of this instant pot macaroni and cheese.
- (+ little smokeys or hot dogs if desired)
- (+ diced ham if desired)
And if the Instant Pot feels a bit overwhelming, give these easy Air Fryer recipes for beginners a try!
- 4 cups water
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 16 oz shredded cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1 bag frozen broccoli (or broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot mix)
- cubed ham (or hot dogs or little smokies)
- Put the water and macaroni into the Instant Pot (along with hot dogs or little smokies if desired)
- Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes, with a quick release at the end.
- Stir in cream cheese, shredded cheese, and milk
- Add vegetables and ham as desired.
Pin This Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese!
Share this recipe on Pinterest!