Hey y’all, Tiffany here.
When I was pregnant with my first child, my family threw me a baby shower. We had so much fun! And a lot of it was due to the adorable baby shower memory game my aunt came up with for us to play.
But first, I have to show off the cute diaper cake she gifted me!
And if you’re looking for great baby shower gift ideas, check out these homemade sensory development toys for babies!
And the really cute fruit creation my sister made:
Baby Shower Memory Game
Okay, back to the Baby Shower Memory Game.
So you all know how to play Memory, right? Just flip over two squares. Then if they are a match, they are removed from the board. And in traditional games, the person with the most matches wins.
But in this baby shower memory game, everyone who gets a match is a winner!
The squares to be flipped over are numbered. Behind each number is a word related to pregnancy or giving birth. Each guest takes turns picking numbers to be flipped over. When someone found a matching pair, they got a corresponding candy bar.
Here’s a picture of the board:
The candy bars are what made this game really hysterical! They were funny, clever, and definitely made this baby shower game memorable!
The awesome play on words had some of us laughing so hard we cried. Except in my case, I almost peed my pants because I was 7 months pregnant!
Matching Candy Bars
Here are the pregnancy-related words with the corresponding candy bars:
- Pregnant = Rolo
- Mommy = Bit O’ Honey
- Daddy = Big Hunk
- Baby Boy = Almond Joy (because sometimes you feel like a nut….)
- Baby Girl = Mounds (….and sometimes you don’t….)
- OB/GYN = Butterfingers
- Umbilical Cord = rope of licorice/nerds
- Conception = Skor
- Epidural = Lifesavers
- Hospital Bill = 100 Grand
- Labor = Extra gum (because it’s extra long) OR Everlasting Gobstoppers
- 9 Months = Extra gum (because it’s extra long) OR Everlasting Gobstoppers
- Mood Swings = Warheads
- Lullaby = Symphony
- 11 Pound Baby = Whopper
- Stretch Marks = Laffy Taffy
- Dirty Diapers = Goobers or Milk Duds
- Twins = Twix
- Water Breaks = Gushers
- Love = Hugs and Kisses
- Engorged = Milkfuls
- Postpartum Tummy = Jelly Belly
- Incontinence = Fast Break
- Midnight Cravings = Riesen
- Positive pregnancy test = surprise inside
- Fetal Movement = Pop Rocks candy
- Swollen Ankles = Chunky
- Baby = Hershey’s Treasures
- Delivery = Rocky Road
- Stool softener = Caramello
- Episiotomy = Nips
- Nursing = Munch
- Naptime = Take 5
- Ultrasound = Look
- Baby’s Cry = Cry Babies
- Afterbirth = Whatchamacallit
- Bra Size = Whoppers
- Girl Names = Baby Ruth
- Boy Names = Oh Henry
- Tax deduction = Payday
- Siblings = Junior Mints
- Anesthesiologist = Mr. Goodbar
- Nurses = Sweettarts
- Hemorrhoids = Hot Tamales
- Laundry = Mounds
- Breastfeeding = Milky Way
- Contractions = Good & Plenty
- Time Alone = Zero
- Hospital Nursery = Cry babies
- Teething = Crunch
- Baby’s First Giggles = Snickers
- Baby Acne = Dots