If you find these Come Follow Me 10/23 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotionals
Click the topic to jump to where you want to go:
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 10/23 for Kids
Come, We That Love the Lord (Hymns #119)
- Why do you think Paul said that the love of money is the root of all evil?
- Is money bad? Not if you still love God and others more than it.
- Are there things in your life that you love more than God or others?
Act out the story of Jesus and the young rich man. What did the man miss out on because he loved his money so much?
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 10/23 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 10/23: 2 Timothy 3:16-17
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 10/23 for Kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 10/23 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 10/23:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 10/23 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 10/23
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 10/23
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
Our Bishop (Children’s #135)
- Read some of the background of Timothy and Titus.
- It was good that Paul wrote letters to the saints, but local church leaders like Timothy and Titus were crucial to helping the saints stay on the covenant path.
- Our bishops have a similar job.
What can I do to support and sustain my bishop?
A Day With the Bishop (cut out the figures and glue them in the correct squares)
I Am like a Star (Children’s #163)
- Timothy was young, but was able to lead the people because of his great example.
- Even when we are young, we may not know a lot to teach other people, but we can be an example of making right choices. That is being a leader as well.
- What can you do to lead help those around you make good choices?
How can I be a good example to my friends?
Come, Come, Ye Saints (Hymns #30)
- Paul knew that he would probably die soon.
- But he knew that he had given his life to following what God wanted him to do.
- Paul faced scary things with faith.
- How does this help you when you face your fears?
What is something I am afraid of? What can I do to overcome this fear?
Press Forward, Saints (Hymns #81)
- In the last days (our days) there will be many things that try to hurt us or make us choose the wrong.
- Should we be afraid of these things?
- Why not?
- What can you do to prepare yourself to make good choices even when there is so many in the world that do not?
How can I know what the truth is?
Should You Feel Inclined to Censure (Hymns #235)
- How should we treat others? Like a brother or like a servant?
- What is the difference?
- How does Heavenly Father see all of us?
- What was Paul willing to do for Onesimus? How is this similar to what the Savior willingly did for us?
What can I do this week to make a new friend?
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 10/23
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 10/23:
Invite the children to share with their families what they learned about the scriptures and to find one verse of scripture that they can share with the class next week (with help from their parents, if needed).
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 10/23
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 10/23 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 10/23
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 10/23
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Coloring: Paul Sends Onesimus Home
- Maze (Colossae) – Help Onesimus escape Philemon and find his way to Paul in Rome
- “Six Ways to Feel Better” (February 2020 Liahona and Friend). When you’re upset, color the face that matches how you feel. Then color the ideas for feeling better and try one of the ideas.
- Paul Wrote to Timothy Word Tiles
- Read “The Opposite of Fear” (January 2007 Liahona andFriend). What kinds of fears do you have? No matter what they are, you can find comfort in the Savior.
- Paul’s Letter to Timothy Word Search
- Read Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin’s “How can I have faith when the world seems so scary?” to find some inspiring thoughts on overcoming fear (January 2007 Liahona and Friend). As a family, memorize the last three sentences by chanting them together. Repeat these words to yourself whenever you feel afraid.
- Timothy Is Teaching Color by Number Page
- Coloring Page: “Jesus Can Help Me Do Hard Things” (October 2019 Liahona and Friend)
- “Trust in the Lord” (June 1994 Friend). Fill in the blanks by looking up these twelve scriptures about trust. Then use the words you found to complete a word search activity.
- “Find the Differences” (March 2008 Friend). Find the differences between these two drawings of a girl having an interview with her bishop before her baptism.
- Paul’s Letter To Timothy Bible Craft
- “Worthy of the Temple” (September 2002 Friend). Explains how the bishop helps guide us to be worthy to go to the temple. Includes an activity to create a paper figure of a bishop and his door.
- 1 Timothy 4:12 Youthful Hand Reminder Craft
- Free printable crafts for Philemon
Are these Come Follow Me 10/23 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!